What problems to look for when getting first droid?

civEX

Reaction score
I want to know what common problems I should look for when getting my first droid. Like things that might indicate that my droid might be or have defective issues.

So far I have
-should vibrate when option is on for incoming calls /
-picture button should work well and not occasionaly work by itself
-cell battery cover not too loose /if so you can get a free replacement
-gps not locking and should /
-should not freeze on you too often /replaced

"issue or problem" / "solution I found people did"

Thanks

boatman2220

Reaction score
I want to know what common problems I should look for when getting my first droid. Like things that might indicate that my droid might be or have defective issues.

So far I have
-should vibrate when option is on for incoming calls /
-picture button should work well and not occasionaly work by itself
-cell battery cover not too loose /if so you can get a free replacement
-gps not locking and should /
-should not freeze on you too often /replaced

"issue or problem" / "solution I found people did"

Thanks
I returned my 1st one, because repeated random shutdowns,freezing up. I've heard of loose screens, bad earphone plug ins , stuck and non working keys on the slide out keyboard. I honestly believe I'm reading less problems now that it's been out for a little while. But on a up note, I had NO problem exchanging it, and haven't read where anyone else has had problems exchanging theirs either. Read where 1 person was on their 3rd or 4th exchange. I honestly believe that compared to the total amount out, the percentage of faulty phones is small.

R

racklefratz

Pretty amazing pretense - you pre-suppose that a brand new $600 electronic device will have defects out of the box.

That's an indictment of these forums, IMO.

It's a wonder anyone's willing to buy anything anymore; anytime an item gets reported with a defect, the entire product line is suspect.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't get this either. I'd rather enjoy my stuff and deal with problems as they arise rather than worry about what might or might not be there.

To each his own...

johnflo88

Reaction score
@takeshi: good point, like buying a car,and asked the saleperson,you think i am going to have an accident in this car and be killed? :r_c:

OP
C

civEX

Reaction score
@takeshi: good point, like buying a car,and asked the saleperson,you think i am going to have an accident in this car and be killed? :r_c:

Like getting a phone and asking what are common problems that are arising just so I am aware. Your statement is like saying buying a phone and asking when will I drop it, not the same.

I just like to know common issues ahead of time instead of finding it later when you need the phone and it dosen't work. Proactive instead of reactive.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
C--these forums have been up for "a while" and most of the "major" issues have already been identified (and you know will eventually be addressed / fixed). If you read through all of the forums you'll see the majority of folks are having a blast and are extremely happy (despite any shortcomings or bugs). :)

I rarely whole-heartedly endorse anything--but the DROID is one of those rarities in which I would. ;)

- Mega

EDIT:
Just pull the trigger & you'll be a happy camper.

Last edited:
OP
C

civEX

Reaction score
It's already on order. Should be here by tomarrow. :icon_ banana:I'm just hoping it dosen't have any issues where I would have to return it for another one:icon_eek:

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Welcome aboard--I doubt you'll have any regrets--especially with the 10k+ people you have here to support you. ;)

- Mega