Selling droid 3

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So I got a free droid 3 when I bought my droid 3 and I plan on selling it on ebay. Other than listing it as a verizon droid 3 since it won't be unlocked, are there any other concerns I should have with selling it? Should I take it out of the box and test it first or just send it along? What does the person who bought it from me do if they have a problem with the phone? Is it assumed when you buy a cell phone off ebay that if you break the phone or something goes wrong with it you are out of luck or can they still call verizon and get it replaced? Thanks.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
So I got a free droid 3 when I bought my droid 3 and I plan on selling it on ebay. Other than listing it as a verizon droid 3 since it won't be unlocked, are there any other concerns I should have with selling it? Should I take it out of the box and test it first or just send it along? What does the person who bought it from me do if they have a problem with the phone? Is it assumed when you buy a cell phone off ebay that if you break the phone or something goes wrong with it you are out of luck or can they still call verizon and get it replaced? Thanks.

If you buy it on Ebay and break it, your out of luck. You can't get it replaced for all I know unless you buy another.

Aiesline

Reaction score
It should be eligible for a square trade warranty. I'd point that out in your ad. For that matter what did you want for it? LOL if it's the same 220ish I paid for mine at verizon I'll take mine back and keep my upgrade for later :p

OP
P

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It should be eligible for a square trade warranty. I'd point that out in your ad. For that matter what did you want for it? LOL if it's the same 220ish I paid for mine at verizon I'll take mine back and keep my upgrade for later :p

I'm going to put it up for auction. It looks like they go for around 400 or so on ebay so that's what I'm going for :p.

Aiesline

Reaction score
OOOO bad ju ju on having the GF fail. We have LONG memories :p

OP
P

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Btw how did you get the free phone as a "spare"?

Promotion started on 7/18. I bought my droid end of day on the 18th and soon after discovered the promotion and called CS. I have a family plan, so I just used another line that was eligible to sign another 2 yr contract (required to get the free phone).

Aiesline

Reaction score
Ahhh so you "stole" somebodies upgrade :p I don't have another phone on my family plan eligible for an upgrade atm. Ah well :) I will in 1st quarter of next year. Will be interesting to see whats available then. Though I'll prolly wait till LTE is available in my home area and buy the latest and greatest then. No need to have outdated tech when they finely roll it out in nowheresville Missouri. Besides.. I CAN'T WAIT to root!

OP
P

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ahhh so you "stole" somebodies upgrade :p I don't have another phone on my family plan eligible for an upgrade atm. Ah well :) I will in 1st quarter of next year. Will be interesting to see whats available then. Though I'll prolly wait till LTE is available in my home area and buy the latest and greatest then. No need to have outdated tech when they finely roll it out in nowheresville Missouri. Besides.. I CAN'T WAIT to root!

I'm just an awful person :p. It's my dad, I'll buy him a new phone when he needs one, he's still using a flip phone and that's all he wants :).

nikecar

Reaction score

I'm just an awful person :p. It's my dad, I'll buy him a new phone when he needs one, he's still using a flip phone and that's all he wants :).
didn't he need to get a data plan then to get the free phone?

OP
P

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

didn't he need to get a data plan then to get the free phone?

No, I just said another line with a data plan would use the phone.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score

nice to be living in BFE missouri, eh? I feel your pain... Hahaha

Sent from my ADR6300