What problems to look for when getting first droid?

civEX

Reaction score
I want to know what common problems I should look for when getting my first droid. Like things that might indicate that my droid might be or have defective issues.

So far I have
-should vibrate when option is on for incoming calls /
-picture button should work well and not occasionaly work by itself
-cell battery cover not too loose /if so you can get a free replacement
-gps not locking and should /
-should not freeze on you too often /replaced

"issue or problem" / "solution I found people did"

Thanks

I want to know what common problems I should look for when getting my first droid. Like things that might indicate that my droid might be or have defective issues.

So far I have
-should vibrate when option is on for incoming calls /
-picture button should work well and not occasionaly work by itself
-cell battery cover not too loose /if so you can get a free replacement
-gps not locking and should /
-should not freeze on you too often /replaced

"issue or problem" / "solution I found people did"

Thanks
I returned my 1st one, because repeated random shutdowns,freezing up. I've heard of loose screens, bad earphone plug ins , stuck and non working keys on the slide out keyboard. I honestly believe I'm reading less problems now that it's been out for a little while. But on a up note, I had NO problem exchanging it, and haven't read where anyone else has had problems exchanging theirs either. Read where 1 person was on their 3rd or 4th exchange. I honestly believe that compared to the total amount out, the percentage of faulty phones is small.

Pretty amazing pretense - you pre-suppose that a brand new $600 electronic device will have defects out of the box.

That's an indictment of these forums, IMO.

It's a wonder anyone's willing to buy anything anymore; anytime an item gets reported with a defect, the entire product line is suspect.

I don't get this either. I'd rather enjoy my stuff and deal with problems as they arise rather than worry about what might or might not be there.

To each his own...

@takeshi: good point, like buying a car,and asked the saleperson,you think i am going to have an accident in this car and be killed? :r_c:

@takeshi: good point, like buying a car,and asked the saleperson,you think i am going to have an accident in this car and be killed? :r_c:

Like getting a phone and asking what are common problems that are arising just so I am aware. Your statement is like saying buying a phone and asking when will I drop it, not the same.

I just like to know common issues ahead of time instead of finding it later when you need the phone and it dosen't work. Proactive instead of reactive.

C--these forums have been up for "a while" and most of the "major" issues have already been identified (and you know will eventually be addressed / fixed). If you read through all of the forums you'll see the majority of folks are having a blast and are extremely happy (despite any shortcomings or bugs). :)

I rarely whole-heartedly endorse anything--but the DROID is one of those rarities in which I would. ;)

- Mega

EDIT:
Just pull the trigger & you'll be a happy camper.

Last edited:
It's already on order. Should be here by tomarrow. :icon_ banana:I'm just hoping it dosen't have any issues where I would have to return it for another one:icon_eek:

Welcome aboard--I doubt you'll have any regrets--especially with the 10k+ people you have here to support you. ;)

- Mega

Back