What phone were you using previously?

OP
J

JohnDroid

For those of you switching from another phone, can you please maybe list the top 3 reasons you are switching?

Mine, for example:

1. The trackball on my Tour is so hit or miss, its annoying.
2. The Blackberry's tend to "slow down" often for no apparent reason, requiring reboots, restores, etc.
3. The built in browser is lacking.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those of you switching from another phone, can you please maybe list the top 3 reasons you are switching?

Mine, for example:

2. The Blackberry's tend to "slow down" often for no apparent reason, requiring reboots, restores, etc.

well those are my reasons too. my expectations are really high i guess.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score

Mine, for example:

1. Battery Pulls? Puhleaze. I'm so over that.
2. Lack of coporate email options if you aren't on a BES.
3. Constant Memory Leaks.

Zippster

Reaction score
No real issues with my current, its just old tech and 3+ years I got my use out of it.

MrCntry

Reaction score
I have the HTC Touch Pro with Windows Mobile 6.0. I don't mind the phone too bad.. :)

1. Very slow responses when buttons pushed
2. Not enough memory to run windows - Memory Hog
3. Touch Flo 3D is EXTREMELY Slow! Looks cool but a big waste.
4. The screen lock doesn't work very well. Have the phone in my pocket with the screen locked and when i miss a call I can hear the phone in my pocket clicking. When I go to pull it out it is on some other screen. i can't just cancel back out becasue it says screen is locked. Very frustrating. I have to unlock, put it back to home screen then re-lock.
5. After I finish a call on bluetooth and hang up it wants to dial the number previous of that call. I have to hit the hang up button like 10 times so it doesn't dial out randomly.

I am in need of just a good, fast phone. I just hope the touch screen is as responsive as the itouch / iphone. That is my favorite part of the itouch is the screen.

GSteagall

Reaction score
LG enV...it broke..now I'm using a dumb flip phone :) Needless to say, I need a new phone. I liked everything about the enV, especially the physical keyboard. At this point I had no real complaints about the phone, but even if the Droid's physical keyboard isn't up to par, I don't care. I love the fact that if I don't like the physical keyboard, I always have the onscreen one.

BzB

Reaction score
bb storm1, bb storm2, bb tour. hopefully the droid can send them all to pasture. :)

Spanky

Reaction score
Getting rid of BB Storm due to:

1) Browsing experience (or should I say lack thereof)
2) Laggy, Laggy, Laggy!
3) Tired of battery pulls every other day. Especially since I have to remove the Otterbox. (Quickpull Lite doesn't work on the v5.0.0.328)

Spinninghorse

Reaction score
Moto Q 9c here, with Navigator & bluetooth. I had it two weeks when one of my pups got a hold of it and put a couple of bite marks in it. Everything works fine, even the camera, although the bites were at the lens. But it is damaged goods. I have liked the idea of the iPhone, but not ATT or Apple. So was hoping Verizon would come out with a competitor. I stumbled on the Droid by reading a tech e-newletter in my spam folder.

What I want:
touchscreen
Better internet experience
larger screen
no bite marks