What launcher is good for ICS?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Xfactorx316 said:
Nova has fixed a lot of the earlier issues. I love when an app constantly makes nice upgrades (such as seeing the widgets from the home screen). Nova gives me the comfort of the stock screen, and some nice customisable options. I like options!!!

+1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

stealthmouse

Reaction score
Apex and Nova are almost the same.... so little difference. Right now, there is one thing I want missing from Nova and one thing missing from Apex.

Nova does not have root support so not able to add widgets to my home screen from the app drawer. No big deal because out of habit, I tend to add widgets from long pressing on the home screen anyway.

What is missing from Apex and is a huge deal (go launcher spoiled me) is being able to create folders in the app drawer... which is possible with Nova's paid version.

When I'm done experimenting with Nova on my tablet and if no changes in either, I will probably purchase Nova because making folders in my app drawer is very important to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

That's funny, that's my #1 biggest issue with Apex, but it's built into a custom ROM that I love, and I don't want to break it up and having it get whacky. With GO, I eventually always had stability issues that would go away as soon as I removed GO products; could be GO, could be something else. I so missed my folders that I use AutoAppOrganizer (with auto turned off most of the time) to sort my apps, and hardly ever use the app drawer any more.

steeveegee

Reaction score
I've been using nova prime since i upgraded to ics and i have to say its perfect
its close enough to stock to have the ics feel but with all the extras that should be built into the stock launcher
seems to run with zero lag whatsoever also
i couldn't be happier