What launcher is good for ICS?

ablank

Reaction score
Tired of the boring stock already and I love gestures and unlocked scrolling. What do I use, I have used go before ICS but I don't want bugs. Any tips?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Tired of the boring stock already and I love gestures and unlocked scrolling. What do I use, I have used go before ICS but I don't want bugs. Any tips?
I've used just about all of them designed for ICS and think Apex is the best. There are two versions, one for stock and one for root. The only difference between them is the root version gives you more options for widgets.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use Apex and I love it. Plus as jpcalhoun said, it has the root helper for rooted devices. It's a great launcher, and I have used several, but I settled on Apex. :)

Seaner

Reaction score
apex with the jelly bean theme. gets rid of the (imo) ugly moto icons. i wish it switched the icons on the locker though and does anyone know if nova works with a lapdock cause apex doesnt

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I also use apex. I initially tried both Nova and Apex, but there was something I could not get to work in Nova (and I cannot remember what it was) so I stuck with Apex. I am actually trying Nova on my newly ICS updated Thrive tablet and so far, I like it as much as apex. And for the life of me, I still can't remember what it was that it wouldn't do on my razr but whatever it was, I am not having that problem on my tablet. For some reason I think it was because I couldn't get Nova to work with my simple text icons but that is working on my tablet just fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
I also use apex. I initially tried both Nova and Apex, but there was something I could not get to work in Nova (and I cannot remember what it was) so I stuck with Apex. I am actually trying Nova on my newly ICS updated Thrive tablet and so far, I like it as much as apex. And for the life of me, I still can't remember what it was that it wouldn't do on my razr but whatever it was, I am not having that problem on my tablet. For some reason I think it was because I couldn't get Nova to work with my simple text icons but that is working on my tablet just fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

I wonder what is was. I'm using the Jelly dream icons now and I love it.