What launcher is good for ICS?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
apex with the jelly bean theme. gets rid of the (imo) ugly moto icons. i wish it switched the icons on the locker though and does anyone know if nova works with a lapdock cause apex doesnt[/QUOTn

Nova works fine for me with the bionic lapdock.

Sent from my DROID4

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Apex and Nova are almost the same.... so little difference. Right now, there is one thing I want missing from Nova and one thing missing from Apex.

Nova does not have root support so not able to add widgets to my home screen from the app drawer. No big deal because out of habit, I tend to add widgets from long pressing on the home screen anyway.

What is missing from Apex and is a huge deal (go launcher spoiled me) is being able to create folders in the app drawer... which is possible with Nova's paid version.

When I'm done experimenting with Nova on my tablet and if no changes in either, I will probably purchase Nova because making folders in my app drawer is very important to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

ripper2860

Reaction score
Tried Apex and Go Launcher EX , but finally settled on Nova. Fast, customizeable and supports the native ICS widget selector. Liked it so much I paid for Pro.

Go Launcher was sluggish and neither it nor Apex had a working widget selector - at the time anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

GoBears

Reaction score
I switch between Apex and Launcher7. Launcher7's simplicity on top of Androids awesomeness is a win win lol.

GoBears and FU Apple

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
It changes the way icons looks, the way your homescreen behaves, and some even change the way you app drawer looks. Basically its an home replacement app

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Apex and Nova are almost the same.... so little difference. Right now, there is one thing I want missing from Nova and one thing missing from Apex.

Nova does not have root support so not able to add widgets to my home screen from the app drawer. No big deal because out of habit, I tend to add widgets from long pressing on the home screen anyway.

paid version.

When I'm done experimenting with Nova on my tablet and if no changes in either, I will probably purchase Nova because making folders in my app drawer is very important to me.

I'm rooted with Nova. It does allow me to add widgets from the app drawer. That was one of the reasons that I did root, so that I could do that.

armeddroid

Reaction score
The N7 might be different then. I do not need root to install widgets from the application drawer. I can already do that from Nova Prime.

mdotytx

Reaction score
Which launchers still allows Widgets from the app drawer....cause I really like that :)

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Apex definitely. Something about Nova I didn't like. I think Nova Is better in terms of tablets though.

usmc111111

Reaction score
I can load widgets from the app d drawer in ICS stk version, what is do special about these launchers?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
mdotytx said:
Which launchers still allows Widgets from the app drawer....cause I really like that :)

I think nova does. Or either its apex

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
They both do if you are rooted. I actually used Apex over Nova free versions. I think it was because I couldn't get my simple text to work on Nova but that works now. The purchased versions of each, it appears that Apex has more features but I prefer the purchased Nova over purchased Apex. Why? Only for the simple reason that in Nova I can organize my apps into folders in the app drawer, where those folders are visible when I open the app drawer. In Apex, organized app drawer folders are not visible on the app drawer screen. I have to select the folder I want from a drop down menu in the app drawer.

Another advantage of Nova is that hard pressing on home screen for your widgets, you can actually see the widget text.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
They both do if you are rooted. I actually used Apex over Nova free versions. I think it was because I couldn't get my simple text to work on Nova but that works now. The purchased versions of each, it appears that Apex has more features but I prefer the purchased Nova over purchased Apex. Why? Only for the simple reason that in Nova I can organize my apps into folders in the app drawer, where those folders are visible when I open the app drawer. In Apex, organized app drawer folders are not visible on the app drawer screen. I have to select the folder I want from a drop down menu in the app drawer.

Another advantage of Nova is that hard pressing on home screen for your widgets, you can actually see the widget text.

Nova has fixed a lot of the earlier issues. I love when an app constantly makes nice upgrades (such as seeing the widgets from the home screen). Nova gives me the comfort of the stock screen, and some nice customisable options. I like options!!!