What kind of apps do you want on the market?

FunkyMcC

Reaction score
Drummynator and I are starting an app company called FunkyDroid. Before we go too far into it we want to know what kind of apps droid users want on the market. Anything and everything that you have to say on the topic of apps, UIs, or just general development is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
How about a phone call recording app that actually works? There's a thousand on the market, but not a single one of them work on the droid 2.

Id pay for it, so long as it worked as flawlessly as the built in one on my old lg voyager feature phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Drummynator

Reaction score
We'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my Focused DROID X

Reaction score
Are these going to be apps primarily developed for the droid x/2? Or for all/most android phones?

Drummynator

Reaction score
All android phones. So request away :)

OP
F

FunkyMcC

Reaction score
Also any special features or theme designs that you want are also wanted

rustydogg

Reaction score
Been looking for a scrollable pictures widget. One that you select a folder of pictures and you can scroll on the widget. I've been looking for one and I can't find any.
I had this on my Windows 6.5 smartphone with the touchflo UI.

ack41988

Reaction score
A scrollable Facebook widget kinda like the one on launcher pro plus.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

AnonymousJones

Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum. This issue is why I started searching on this forum. Because I couldn't find an answer I decided to post in this thread...

Can you develop an app that will allow us to LOG OUT of Gmail? Or at least prompt us for a password when we start the app?

Seems this super simple issue is a real annoyance and people would appreciate a fix.

silverfang77

Reaction score
An app that would somehow allow my phone to measure my heart rate.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
There is an app to measure your heart rate! I forget what its called, but you place a finger over your camera to measure pulse - believe it or not can be pretty accurate

/edit check out instant heart rate and instant heart rate classic by azumio inc.

Last edited:

Drummynator

Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum. This issue is why I started searching on this forum. Because I couldn't find an answer I decided to post in this thread...

Can you develop an app that will allow us to LOG OUT of Gmail? Or at least prompt us for a password when we start the app?

Seems this super simple issue is a real annoyance and people would appreciate a fix.

If you're talking about the gmail app that came with the phone and signing out of the gmail account that you used when you activated your phone, you'd probably end up signing out of your phone since it is a system app and gets the credentials from the phone settings. I don't actually know what would happen if you managed to sign of your phone but it's probably not an option for a reason.

If its security you want you could password protect your apps with something like App Protector.

AnonymousJones

Reaction score

If you're talking about the gmail app that came with the phone and signing out of the gmail account that you used when you activated your phone, you'd probably end up signing out of your phone since it is a system app and gets the credentials from the phone settings. I don't actually know what would happen if you managed to sign of your phone but it's probably not an option for a reason.

If its security you want you could password protect your apps with something like App Protector.

I understand what you're saying. The device is tied to my google account. However, I would like to be prompted for my password before my email is displayed. As it stands right now if I let my family members use the Tab then they'll have access to my email too.

Can someone tell me more about App Protector? Does this allow me to set passwords for individual apps on the Tab? If so, will that work for the Gmail app also?