What is the point of Chrome to phone?

Fault

Reaction score
I really dont understand why you would want to use chrome to phone. Can any1 please explain this?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Search tool bro search tool...people just use it to push URL's to the phone's browser.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
No i understand that, thats what came up in the search, I mean is there anything beyond that? I mean I just dont see why you wouldnt type the url in, or use your 15.4" display instead of just ur 3.7" phone

nagmier

Reaction score
think about this... I'm getting ready to go to a place I've never been... I look it up on google maps and chrome to phone... opens map with destination... select navigate.. done

I'm walking out of the house and dont want to forget this website... zipped to phone now I can read at my dr appt or whatever...

Its also a proof of concept for cloud to device messaging api

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That and say you're on a web page that you had no idea how you got to and it has a very long url. Chrome to phone.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
think about this... I'm getting ready to go to a place I've never been... I look it up on google maps and chrome to phone... opens map with destination... select navigate.. done

I'm walking out of the house and dont want to forget this website... zipped to phone now I can read at my dr appt or whatever...

Alright thankyou, that makes a great deal of sense. That i totally understand. Now im wondering if there is an app (or there should be) like the Firefox addon map to this, where you can highlight text and search it in maps. Or extract it from a text from google

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Titan is a ninja on these forums btw

J

Johnly

If I am leaving for a few days, and are in the middle of research, I can link, link after link to my phone on my current research, 100's of links "in the works" I am on. Chrome to phone is GOLD : )

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ive actually used it when browsing from PC and see a file i want on my phone but am too lazy to actually use the data cable... goto the page with the link then hit chrome-to-phone and download it directly to the phone.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
What about phone to pc? Anything like that?

J

Johnly

Phone to chrome? I hope your phone is not your primary web source lol.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
For phone to PC things, I use eStrong File Explorer or Linda File Explorer. Its a setting in there where u connect to the PC over Wifi, transfer files both ways.

ive actually used it when browsing from PC and see a file i want on my phone but am too lazy to actually use the data cable... goto the page with the link then hit chrome-to-phone and download it directly to the phone.

U are not the only one.....lol. I use the data cable mostly for charging only now. Its golden for me when I'm at work since they blocked the USB ports.

Droids

Reaction score
I don't know if you can do it yet, but at some point you'll be able to push apps to your phone too. And if you don't like the Chrome browser there's a Firefox plug-in available.

iPirate

Reaction score

ive done this several times using SMS in gtalk, so push to phone saves me a few steps

eliassami5

Reaction score
when i see a cool pic while im browsing on my comp and wanna make it my wallpaper on my phone i just hit chrome to phone, dont have to download it then transfer it to my phone.