Droidforums.net is SLOW on Chrome

Goblynn93

Reaction score
I hate Internet Explorer. And being a Google fan I chose to use Chrome.

But I think its very funny that a website that supports a Google phone is incredibly faster on IE than on Chrome! This is not a normal trend on my computer, only when I go to certain websites, for example, this one...

Half the time Droidforums.net won't even fully open on Chrome.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

But I think its very funny that a website that supports a Google phone is incredibly faster on IE than on Chrome! This is not a normal trend on my computer, only when I go to certain websites, for example, this one...

Are you talking about on the computer? It's lightning fast on my Mac. Maybe you need to run something like CC Cleaner to get some of the garbage out of your computer. I also have I.E. on the Windows side of my Mac and it's much slower.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I use Chrome on my PC and it is way faster than any other browser out there... Especially on DF, because that is the site I visit most often. Do you have a lot of extensions running or something? Or maybe spyware has gotten a hold of your system?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Long time Chrome user (PC), no issue with speed on my end.

OP
G

Goblynn93

Reaction score
Love how you all jump on extensions and spyware... PC is clean. Very clean. CC Cleaner is BAD by the way... it does horrible things to your system. It tends to break my applications that I need for work.

I use Chrome all the time. Its only DroidForums.net that is slow. Everything else except maybe 1 or 2 site are all WAY faster on Chrome than IE. Which is why I use Chrome and not IE. But no matter what I do, or what computer I am on (4 laptops, 2 desktops, 1 maccrap, the rest PC) its the same across the board... Chrome is faster on anything, except DroidForums.net seems to break something and slow it WAY down.

I use Chrome on my PC and it is way faster than any other browser out there... Especially on DF, because that is the site I visit most often. Do you have a lot of extensions running or something? Or maybe spyware has gotten a hold of your system?

Last edited:

IanG

Reaction score
Love how you all jump on extensions and spyware... PC is clean. Very clean. CC Cleaner is BAD by the way... it does horrible things to your system. It tends to break my applications that I need for work.

I use Chrome all the time. Its only DroidForums.net that is slow. Everything else except maybe 1 or 2 site are all WAY faster on Chrome than IE. Which is why I use Chrome and not IE. But no matter what I do, or what computer I am on (4 laptops, 2 desktops, 1 maccrap, the rest PC) its the same across the board... Chrome is faster on anything, except DroidForums.net seems to break something and slow it WAY down.

I'm not sure if this is a troll or not, but I'm going to bite.

CC Cleaner is BAD by the way... it does horrible things to your system. It tends to break my applications that I need for work.

Incredibly wrong. CCleaner is one of the best temporary file cleaners available to consumers. You must be doing something wrong, because out of my YEARS of tech support, I have never heard someone claim what you're claiming.

Also, DroidForums.net is speedy on my system in:
Internet Explorer
Firefox
Google Chrome

Again, something is wrong with YOUR computer or YOUR internet connection.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a troll or not, but I'm going to bite.

Incredibly wrong. CCleaner is one of the best temporary file cleaners available to consumers. You must be doing something wrong, because out of my YEARS of tech support, I have never heard someone claim what you're claiming.

Also, DroidForums.net is speedy on my system in:
Internet Explorer
Firefox
Google Chrome

Again, something is wrong with YOUR computer or YOUR internet connection.

Yes of course but when I get responses like that I just smile and move along. My wife is a Computer System Analyst and she's been using CC Cleaner for at least 5 years. I use it on the Windows side of my Mac. CNET supports it.

Also they didn't mention what these "horrible things" it does to your computer are.

Maybe cleaning the cookies. :D

harrellj

Reaction score
Jumping in to chime in that I'm having no problems with Chrome on this site, on either my computers at home or my computers at work.

OP
G

Goblynn93

Reaction score
I'm sorry but this issue is not limited to one computer on one connection... so its not MY computer with an issue or MY internet connection because I am not on ONE computer...

Years of tech support? I've got decades... though not professionally... over the years as I have moved on to better and better paying work. And I have seen CC Cleaner do a LOT of weird stuff. I refuse to use it if I want my After Effects to work properly. And I have never seen any speed increase after a CC Cleaner use on my PERSONAL computers... on clients, sure, those people who NEVER clean their temp files or who don't track their registry changes like I do. But I can't be there to make backups of everyone's registry for them...

DroidForums.net is speedy on Firefox and IE but NOT Chrome, across multiple computers, on different internet connections. Both at work and at home, on a cable internet connection on my laptop, and on a corporate network at a "big" networking company, on my laptop on the road on a VZW MiFi, or hotel internet it doesn't matter what computer I am on or what connection I am on I have way faster DroidForum.net webpages served to me if I use Firefox or I.E. Chrome is always slow and almost always will time out resulting in missing graphics and the like.

I do not post just to "troll" or what ever you call it. I post when I am seeing an issue that others might be seeing. And CC Cleaner might be fine for consumers but I need a few things to work beyond internet and Facebook/Twitter crap... After Effects regularly slows down and breaks after CC Cleaner sweeps so I don't use it on this computer any more.

Nothing is wrong with all these computers and connections... sorry. Thanks for the suggestion though. If I was seeing an isolated incident on my laptop or on a PC at work I would have immediately gone through my computer, which I did. But after DAYS of SLOW as %$@# connections to DroidForums.net I finally posted. Obviously it was a mistake with the treatment my post has gotten.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol, I use chrome all the time... I use chrome portable as well. That's all I use in fact, aside from an occational mozilla. Speeds are normal for DF as anyother page. Are you sure your pc doesn't have somethiing? I visit this forum dailey from different computer everytime and use chrome, I am getting great results. And btw if you don't like cc cleaner then try others, lol I can't see what's so
Bad about it. Their is glary utilities, comodo, and several antivirus suites have built in utilities that are helpful for pc.

IanG

Reaction score
I'm sorry but this issue is not limited to one computer on one connection... so its not MY computer with an issue or MY internet connection because I am not on ONE computer...

Years of tech support? I've got decades... though not professionally... over the years as I have moved on to better and better paying work. And I have seen CC Cleaner do a LOT of weird stuff. I refuse to use it if I want my After Effects to work properly. And I have never seen any speed increase after a CC Cleaner use on my PERSONAL computers... on clients, sure, those people who NEVER clean their temp files or who don't track their registry changes like I do. But I can't be there to make backups of everyone's registry for them...

DroidForums.net is speedy on Firefox and IE but NOT Chrome, across multiple computers, on different internet connections. Both at work and at home, on a cable internet connection on my laptop, and on a corporate network at a "big" networking company, on my laptop on the road on a VZW MiFi, or hotel internet it doesn't matter what computer I am on or what connection I am on I have way faster DroidForum.net webpages served to me if I use Firefox or I.E. Chrome is always slow and almost always will time out resulting in missing graphics and the like.

I do not post just to "troll" or what ever you call it. I post when I am seeing an issue that others might be seeing. And CC Cleaner might be fine for consumers but I need a few things to work beyond internet and Facebook/Twitter crap... After Effects regularly slows down and breaks after CC Cleaner sweeps so I don't use it on this computer any more.

Nothing is wrong with all these computers and connections... sorry. Thanks for the suggestion though. If I was seeing an isolated incident on my laptop or on a PC at work I would have immediately gone through my computer, which I did. But after DAYS of SLOW as %$@# connections to DroidForums.net I finally posted. Obviously it was a mistake with the treatment my post has gotten.

I don't think it was a mistake at all to post the issue you're having. I do think it's a mistake to assume that the problem is the website itself, because many other users here are browsing DroidForums.net with Chrome and don't experience any problems. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome? What sort of Extensions are you using?

Also, usually cleaning temporary files won't increase speed. It does free up disk space and eliminate many common problems, yes, but it won't increase speed. In this case, I do believe you're experiencing a "problem", but not a "speed issue", again as many others are saying that DroidForums.net works properly.

I would start off by fully uninstalling Google Chrome, rebooting, and reinstalling while making sure that there aren't any extensions or addons installed/running.

Edit: CCleaner cleans the following:
Emptys Recycle Bin, Temporary Files, Clipboard, Memory Dumps, Chkdsk File Fragments, Windows Log Files, Windows Error Reporting, Cookies, History, Recently Typed URLs, Index .dat files, Last Download Location, Recent Documents (List), Run (history), Other Explorer MRUs, Thumbnail Cache, Taskbar Jump Lists (Windows 7).

That is all that is selected by default. None of which would have any effect on Adobe After Effects (I've had After Effects installed on my machine, ran CCleaner, no problems at all). More than likely you selected something that was not default or used the registry cleaner improperly.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Been using Chrome on here with zero problems.....
Your issues must be elsewhere and not with chrome.

OP
G

Goblynn93

Reaction score
I have tried many computers on many connections and many of those computers had to have Chrome installed because the user had never even heard of it.

I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, rebooted... rebooted, uninstalled, rebooted, installed, rebooted, uninstalled and every combination you can think of!

Typically I exhaust all options of the sort before I post any problems with anything that has public net access. Could be a redirect server between me and DroidForums.net is having issues and everyone else is hitting a different TraceRT than I am... Could be any number of reasons. I have looked very closely at everything I can control and I can't find a reason or a fix.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I can say with certainty that DF works great on the 100 or so computers I've been on at Arizona State University and Mesa Community College. I have Chrome portable on my thumb drive, and sometimes I even forget the drive and just install chrome the regular way. DF is perfectly normal for me, I'm not saying its the quickest site but its definetly the same as anyother webpage. I think if my memory is right DF uses vbadvanced, which in all honestly is used by many other forum sites. The site really doesn't have any advanced plugins or anything to slow down your connection so I'm not sure how it would be slow. Are the computers you use all on the same network? Their really is apart of the problem that I seem to be missing here. Can you go to speedtest.net and maybe test your speed? I'm a nerd and would love to try to trouble shoot this for you. Where are you getting your download for chrome?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No performance issues here with Chrome and DroidForums.net on multiple machines at various locations. My experience would corroborate that of others in that something is wrong with the OP's specific situations... What that might be, I have no idea but something has been overlooked.

Love how you all jump on extensions and spyware...
Look, we're not psychic. All we have to go on is the information that you provide. Something is specifically affecting you and those are 2 reasonable guesses given the lack of details provided in the OP. There's no need to get all defensive. The collective experience seems to point to something that you've overlooked. I don't recall seeing a direct response but in all your troubleshooting have you actually performed a clean install of Chrome with no extensions or anything else?

Last edited: