What is the point of Chrome to phone?

JimmyD

Reaction score
I don't know if you can do it yet, but at some point you'll be able to push apps to your phone too.

Do you mean like AppBrain? Link>>> AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market

App Brain is the Android market online (from PC/Mac) You set up a free account and you can sync your phone to it. In other words, you can "tag" apps on AppBrain that you want to install (or uninstall) on your phone, then later, you go into the AppBrain app on your phone, then tap on the "Sync With AppBrain" button and it will automatically take you to the Android market to install (or uninstall) all of your tagged apps.

It's great! I usually surf for new apps online through AppBrain instead of my Droid which saves precious battery time. :) Then I just tap on the sync button on my Droid later on, and boom, my app installs are all lined up and waiting for me.

Cowpoke

Reaction score
when i see a cool pic while im browsing on my comp and wanna make it my wallpaper on my phone i just hit chrome to phone, dont have to download it then transfer it to my phone.

Thats what I've used it fore mostly as well.

Or if my girlfriend gets lost I can look up the directions and send it to her.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't know if you can do it yet, but at some point you'll be able to push apps to your phone too. And if you don't like the Chrome browser there's a Firefox plug-in available.

google is getting ready to open the new web based market that you can browse from a pc and then send the app or apps directly to the phone.

expect to to be available at or about the same time that the official 2.2 is released.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
For phone to PC things, I use eStrong File Explorer or Linda File Explorer. Its a setting in there where u connect to the PC over Wifi, transfer files both ways..

Best. Tip. Ever!!!!!!

Just downloaded eStrong and it works awesome! Such a nuisance to constantly connect/re-connect USB to computer. Now I just have to master effortlessly connecting the two.

Goodbye, Astro....you will be missed.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol ty ty thank ya very much :)

With chrome to phone, those 2 file managers....I really do only need my data cable for charging...

When putting the ip address of the PC in manually in both file managers, it usually takes a few tries for it to connect. With eStrong, u can choose to scan and that usually picks up the PC better.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
^lol ty ty thank ya very much :)

With chrome to phone, those 2 file managers....I really do only need my data cable for charging...

When putting the ip address of the PC in manually in both file managers, it usually takes a few tries for it to connect. With eStrong, u can choose to scan and that usually picks up the PC better.

Yeah, bluetooth connection is quick and easy, but slow.

I just retried with the lan/WiFi...Scan picked it right up. This is SOOOO AWESOME! Constantly going back and forth backing up the Droid and copying roms and such (I do most of my browsing and downloading with computer).

Still probably too slow over WiFi for mass transfers, but great for small files/folders. Copying a 380mg folder of pics that looks like it will probably take 35 minutes or so.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wonder, can u forward ports...imma have to check that out later.

If it's worthwhile, you'll have to let me know. And also explain what the heck "forward ports" means!

You guys make me feel like Barry Bonds and you're BALCO. More please!!!!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL U funny.

Forwarding ports is when u have a router and u specify what software/hardware uses a certain port on the router. It helps speed up connections for that software/hardware.

And I'm reading up on port forwarding and the Droid now....