What is froyo 2.2

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first droid phone. I have the LG Ally. I know it is running the 2.1 softwear. I know that froyo 2.2 is a better softwear. My question what is the difference and why is everyone like when is it going to be here for my Ally? Just a question I have.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Bigger feature improvements include the ability to use USB tethering (although most carriers restrict this and charge extra for the ability - there are a few apps for non-root that accomplish this, though, and it can be done easily if rooted); installation of apps to your SD card instead of internal storage; the ability to support Adobe Flash; and increases in performance. Of course, it looks a little different too, which will depend on how your device manufacturer has decided to theme the ROM.

OP
T

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
Okm well the teathing and the adobe flash will be sweet. I know I have tried to teather my gf laptop going to ky and it just wouldn't work.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is rumored to be available in February sometime as an OTA update.

OP
T

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
Yeah I have read that here. I have also read that you can go into verizon and they can upload the new softwear for you. But you have to have at least 50% of your battury and it takes like 20 min.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
If u root the ally n use other roms u can have all the features close to 2.2 now.

Wired and wireless tether, apps2sd which is nice cuz the phone don't have a lot of internal memory.

No flash tho. Even with 2.2 their won't be flashplayer. Unless they changed that. It was said the processor is to outdated and slow to carry flash on 2.2

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
samsung fascinate <rooted>

steve3885

Reaction score
Hi Everyone... Just a friendly FYI... I went to Verizon corporate store today... They do not have the ability to download 2.2 for Ally... Said they don't have a release date for update either...

OP
T

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
That sux. Well let's hope it will be coming out soon

steve3885

Reaction score
Hi Everyone... It's me again... I received a response from my
E-mail to LG:

The official statement reads:

"Froyo operating system update will be available to all users of the LG Ally in February 2011.&rdquo;