WHAT HAVE I DONE! cm7 stuck on loop, nothings working!

pantrwrstl

Reaction score
so i rooted my inc a few weeks back and wasnt really having to many problems. I was running the newest cm7 nightly (22) and the only thing lacking for me was more space on my sdhc card. I was using a 2gb card and was approaching capacity when i remembered i had an 8gb upsatairs, got the 8gb one, formatted it and copied all the files from the 2gb card first to my computer, and then to the 8gb card. Of course before thinking about it I also formatted that 2gb card and put the files from the 8gb card onto it, so basically just swapped files...
Now, for whatever reason, the rom wont load and the back ups i put on the computer are apparantly all corrupted since they wont load and clockwork wont recognize them. Ive all but discarded the 8gb now and am just trying to get the 2gb back up and running so i have a phone! ive formatted and cleared just about everything i could think of or find, and now every time i go to reload the cm7 nightly 22 rom it goes to the skateboard guy and then loops after 5-10 seconds... I dont know what im doing wrong as in the past all i ever needed to do was format everything and load the rom and it would work, now im just stuck... i appreciate any help, thanks guys

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So when you tried the 2gb card, the ROM would be stuck in boot loop? Have you tried moving stuff off the 8gb card, then format it and try to re-flash CM again?

OP
P

pantrwrstl

Reaction score
Ive tried a few of the different nightlies...ive never had this prob before, i think part of my prob maybe would be just back and forth between phone macbook and pc? when i originally back it up i did so via usb through my macbook, to a removable hard drive hooked up to the pc...i feel like something along the lines there screwed up the backup files, everytime i would try to restore through the macbook it wouldnt read the backups...earlier i tried to restore from my pc, and it recognized most of them, but can't and wont load the data, i believe that was also a common theme throughout my day... another thing i noticed is when i try to wipe the delvik cache it says it cant, something along the line of e:can't mount /dev/block/mmcb1k0p1(file exists), so somewhere along the lines i may or may not have deleted some important files and obviously ****ed something up along the way....thanks again for any looks.....

...annnndd begin the insult parade about why idiots like me shouldnt be messing around with their phones when they have no idea what they're doing...ready..go!

OP
P

pantrwrstl

Reaction score
So when you tried the 2gb card, the ROM would be stuck in boot loop? Have you tried moving stuff off the 8gb card, then format it and try to re-flash CM again?

ive tried using both cards, and formatting just about anything that could be formatted... nothing i hadnt done before, but for some reason it just wont work for me... i think the info about the delvik cache not working, and the phone never mounting the data, even though i have the img file, are my two biggest clues, just everything ive tried to do has failed....
side note, another thing i treid earlier was a froyo 2.2 ruu to take it back a step, but when it said to connect to the computer it wouldnt recognize the phone through recovery, with it mounted as usb drive or not...
well, i know its alot to take it, but, thats been my day, i hope someone out there has seen this before and can offer some help.... im gonna go mess around with it some more, i ran out of time on the pc earlier, and that seemed to be the closest ive been to getting anywhere...

...and resume the insults...

skruid

Reaction score
Do you have a nanodroid backup that you can restore from recovery, atleast you would have a working phone if you could restore backup, if you didn't backup and can't get pc to acknowledged the phone or sdcard you might screwed, but that is what you get for not making a backup, an expensive paperwieght

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

snapper915

Reaction score
I am having that same ploblem now. My computer want read my phone.

Droid Inc

OP
P

pantrwrstl

Reaction score
Do you have a nanodroid backup that you can restore from recovery, atleast you would have a working phone if you could restore backup, if you didn't backup and can't get pc to acknowledged the phone or sdcard you might screwed, but that is what you get for not making a backup, an expensive paperwieght

i have a clockwork mod backup from a few days ago(12/31), that ive used several times containing a boot.img, cache.img, data.img, datadata.img, nandroid.md5, recovery.img, system.img, but when i tried to use the restore feature through clockwork it go to the point where it was going to load data and said it couldnt mount it or load it, and skipped that and then continued on, said it was done so i restarted and it went into the bootscreen loop, of about 5 seconds of skateboarder dude then just keeps repeating itself.
like i was saying earlier, i couldnt even get the phone to recognize that recovery when i loaded it onto the sd card from my macbook, but when i did it from the pc earlier it read the files, it just couldnt load the data...

I also have 2 super task manager backups, both .smbk files, one from the 31st, one from 2/2, i havent tried anything from the pc with those but like i said, im gonna go play around with the pc and try to load everything from there...is there anyway to mount a smbk file? or recover anything from that?

ALSO... i just found another clockwork recovery with the same files from 1/25, i think this was right after i rooted my phone, cause its in the folder with all the files i copied and pasted off my sd card before i rooted...will try that one too

so anyways, i got backup, they just havent worked...yet... hopefully my good old crap pc will have some magic left in it and will get the job done...

skruid

Reaction score
Wow that isn't any good, you might be screwed, I guess if you have. it doesn't matter anyways, because you can't access sdcard anyways, I hate to say it and didn't think it was really possible, but you might of bricked your
Phone, and as far as taking it to verizon, it depends what they do to fix the phone, maybe they find out root your phone and f4&;#@ with s%&t and the void your warranty and nothing to helpl

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
P

pantrwrstl

Reaction score
meh... aight, i guess ill play around with it, worst case senerio i have insurance and i can just make a claim and say it was lost or something....thanks for what ya got..

anyone else got thoughts?

trying to restore again through clockwork, have gotten:

checking md5 sums....
erasing boot before restore...
restoring boot image....
restoring system.....(went through all the files or whatever it was restoring)
restoring data...
E:can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(file exists)
error mounting /data/!
skipping format...
E:can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(file exists)
Can't mount /data/!

and stops there...

fml.

skruid

Reaction score
What format did you format the memory cards in, because I beloved that the format has got to be FAT32 and if it is not that then it might read the files bit not let you do anything, because of wrong format, try coping the files on the memory card to the computer and reformat the card(making sure that it is geting formatted in FAT32 format), then copy the files back to the memory card, and do a nanodroid restore, and just maybe you will get lucky and your phone will work

OP
P

pantrwrstl

Reaction score
definitely deleted something i shouldnt have, when i plug the phone in to the computer it only recognizes the sd card when it recognize the card and have a seperate drive that said android, which is now gone.... can anyone confirm or deny that im screwed?

edit: when i plug it in to my pc and mount as usb drive in clockwork, i get a G:, I:, and J: drive that show up, the I: is listed as my sd card with full memory and have full access to it... while the G: is listed as cd drive, and J: is removable disk, neither of which are reading as having any data when i go to properties...when i unmount the usb drive all three remain but are all listed as containing no data...

Last edited: