WHAT FEATURES DO YOU MISS THE MOST FROM THE D1/D2 ROMS/ apps to replace them

malaka

Reaction score
figured since we have no roms yet alot of us have to missing something from the d1 or d2

Me i miss all of CM but that made me reboot alot so i actually used Sapphires last release 2.2 renovated til the end (froyo) it was stable and never let me down

i miss the lockscreen gestures and the galaxy s widget bar in the notifications...i now use widgetsoid which is good i guess but i liked when it was built in without an app..i tried the widget locker for the homescreen but it was a good idea executed poorly in my opinion too unreliable and glitchy

let me know what you miss the most and if you found any apps that replace those features

leobg

Reaction score
I miss Eclair/Froyo's nice and readable white on black task bar and notification icons. The new Moto bluish-grey theme isn't as appealing to me.

solar

Reaction score
I miss being to hit Shift-Alt-Backspace to reboot the phone when it got stuck. I almost never had to take the battery out.

leobg

Reaction score
I miss being to hit Shift-Alt-Backspace to reboot the phone when it got stuck. I almost never had to take the battery out.

Interestingly Ctrl-Alt-Del from external bluetooth paired keyboard works exactly the same way! I couldn't find key combination to do it from the built-in keyboard though..

neilrl79

Reaction score
I definately miss the notification power widget, after 2 months of having the DROID3 I still occasionally pull down the notification bar to turn on wifi.

LT*

Reaction score
I definately miss the notification power widget, after 2 months of having the DROID3 I still occasionally pull down the notification bar to turn on wifi.

This!

solar

Reaction score
Interestingly Ctrl-Alt-Del from external bluetooth paired keyboard works exactly the same way! I couldn't find key combination to do it from the built-in keyboard though..

that's really odd. I've never tried a bluetooth KB for the D3 yet, so it didn't even occur to me to try! I've pressed all kinds of buttons and haven't been able to find anything either. :icon_evil:

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
The only things I miss from my D1 is Project Elite, RZR, and Prime's Kernel.

Beamed down from my Droid 3

nu2droid

Reaction score
I miss having different ringtones for different email accounts.
Anyone know a fix?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I miss having different ringtones for different email accounts.
Anyone know a fix?

Use K9 or have gmail check your accounts/forward mail to gmail then use filters to apply separate labels to each account. The gmail app can change the notification based on label.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Thought about the k9 but I couldn't get the exchange email to work on it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums