what does this mean- verizon thinking abt stop subsudiesing phones

93fuelslut

Reaction score
i breifly read on google plus that said something abt verizons chief something, might think abt stop subsudiesing phones..
what does that mean?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It means you have to pay full price for your phone. No more "upgrade" price with a new 2 year plan.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Vzw makes most of their money off the contract. When a phone first cine out the money they make is gravy. A month or two later they offer the sane phone for either half the price or with a bogo. Wait 3 months and it's borderline free. Why? I think the answer is in front of us. You buy your phone outright from tmobile (or international carriers) and the cost of service is cheaper. Verizon whether you pay full price for the phone or not the cost is still the same. So basically Verizon will make money regardless. And they will still make customers sign contracts for service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
yea but majority of the population doesnt have 600$ just for a cell phone...if that happens, craigslist will be a hotspot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is how cellular works in Europe. Only difference is Vzw and Sprint are almost the only CDMA phones. VZW doesn't care since it's coverage that keeps them in the game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea but majority of the population doesnt have 600$ just for a cell phone...if that happens, craigslist will be a hotspot

This is how cellular works in Europe. Only difference is Vzw and Sprint are almost the only CDMA phones. VZW doesn't care since it's coverage that keeps them in the game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Didnt verizon at one time contemplate just allowing retailers to sell their phones any way because they were tired of having to pay and deal with returns?

I like how t-mobile does it. You can either buy your phone full price and get cheaper service or they can break the cost of your phone down over 24 months so that it will be added to your phone bill. T-mobile plans are more flexible imo they just do not have the coverage. I bought a prepaid mobile hotspot for my Grandma and its like $25 a month for 2gigs, considering my Grandmother do not use internet that heavily it is a good deal for her and plus she lives in a big city so the coverage is great. Outside of the major cities they just do not have consistent coverage ala Sprint. Verizon is king because they have the coverage and they know it and that is why they feel the have the clout to set the rules of the game.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moved out of polls and put in the VZW section