what the best phone of these choices

smd12

Reaction score
after my OD and DX debacle VZ said i can send my DX back and i can choose another phone. my choices are the Incredible Aris or Fascinate.

I really like the X but the audio jack problem is annoying and i am not abt to open it up and void my warranty

I am really thinking about the incredible. i don't know too much about the others.

any input would be greatly appreciated

btw i am going to keep it stock all i really need it for is txt gps mp3s and interwebz

OP
S

smd12

Reaction score
how is the battery life on the incredible? i think i read here it isnt that good. thats my biggest concern?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
The Eris is too old to consider imo. Nothing against the device, but either of the other two are a better choice than the Eris.

Since you plan on keeping it stock, know the Fascinate may not be getting any updates. It is still on 2.1 and probably won't see any major update for a while. I also heard it had some GPS issues when it was released, not sure if it was patched or not.

The Incredible is probably the best of that bunch. Probably the biggest downfall is it's battery life.

brenneisec

Reaction score
my sister has it and she loves it. but her battery does die rather fast. are those really your only choices?

Bxrider117

Reaction score
My wife has the Inc and I have the DX. My wife loves the Inc and the speed is great for her. If I did not love the large size of the DX I would have the Inc.

As far as headphone jack problems, I have learned that with cell phones you need to use headphones with an "L" shaped plug or you will eventually destroy the phone jack on any phone or use bluetooth headphones.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
The Incredible's battery is kinda known to be the worst of the Droid phones. Some people say it isn't that bad, but to be honest if I were to buy an Incredible I would buy an extra battery or an extended battery. If you shop around you can probably get a replacement battery for under $10.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want a larger screen go for the Fascinate. Do not get the Eris it is way to old and out dated. I would personally pick the incredible but the battery life might not be the greatest it only has a 1300mA battery.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

smd12

Reaction score
are those really your only choices?

yes :( i'm getting a replacement phone and they certainly won't upgrade me to a new phone.

As far as headphone jack problems, I have learned that with cell phones you need to use headphones with an "L" shaped plug or you will eventually destroy the phone jack on any phone or use bluetooth headphones.

i have been using sennheiser cx300II with the "L" shaped jack on all my phones.

thanx for all the input and most likely go with the incredible and get an extended life battery.

23 months till my contract is up yay!

Jordan8

Reaction score
I'd go with the incredible & get an extended battery. What happens to your headphone Jack? I use straight jack headphones with mine, & havnt had any problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
S

smd12

Reaction score
I'd go with the incredible & get an extended battery. What happens to your headphone Jack? I use straight jack headphones with mine, & havnt had any problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

The OD the whole place a straw btwn the gap trick which is well documented and i upgraded to the X beginning of Feb i had 3 phones 2 brand new and each one the headphone 1/8 mini would move and cause the audio to pause or stop all the time within a few days of getting the phone.

maybe i'm an idiot and it's me???????????:icon_eek:

but i have had audio issues with each droid phone i had. at least the OD had the straw solution