what does liberty do that darkslide does not....?

MrKleen

Reaction score
Was thinking bout getting liberty. I'm newly rooted and really only use my tethering. I know I'm missing out on all the goodies. Was going to download koush's bootstrap but got scared away by not knowing what SBF is. Is it a big deal?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

As long as you do your reading it's not a big deal. Go for it! Just be sure to make a stock backup first thing before you do anything else. (Right after you get bootstrap)

Famoustgun

Reaction score
What reading do I do?? If I brick my phone is there a way to unbrick?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
It is very difficult to "actually" brick your phone. If the software gets messed up you can always do an sbf and fix it. As far as the reading I just meant that you should have an idea of what you are doing before you do it. There are many tutorials that are helpful.

I've not had to do an sbf yet on my X and I bounce from rom to rom almost daily. I did have to do an sbf once on my D2 because I didn't follow directions on a rom installation.

If you ever did mess your phone up you just need to be calm. Because with a little patience you will be able to fix it!

There are plenty of people that can help also!

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Ditto that! I've only flashed like two Roms..but before each like 30+ people flashed them and, I follow their threads to no end! !! Before taking the leap ......which brings me to the point of this thread I've been reading alot about liberity and some bugs there in...but are they bugs, or did poeple get a bad download,or did they not follow the instructions? And what was the selling point to those who decided to flash....was it worth the change?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I don't think there are any bugs. There are so many people installing this rom that some are going to have glitches. Glitches that a fresh install should resolve.

My install of Liberty runs flawlessly! I also installed the blur alarm clock & changed the bootlogo with no issues.

Give it a go!

snoop5

Reaction score
Imho

i must say ive tried a lot of roms and ran them for a while and this is my order, this is just my opinion. Im looking at mostly everthing in a rom that ive used and i know this may be a surprise but here it is.

1.Lexlite 2.0 (speed,transitions)
2.Darkslide 4.2 (Great Overall rom,Best support)
3.Fission 2.5.7 (Best battery life)
4.Liberty 1.0 (Most choices and themes)
4.Tran 3.6 (Best tool box)

Not wanting to offend anyone but this is just what i think. But im tipping my hat to all you guys that make it happen for us. THANKS dancedroid

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Lexlite .......I never even heard if that.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Liberty has a toolbox for easier change of boot logo's, boot animations and themes. And

I'm sure I missed a few when it comes to JRum. I have a great respect of the 2 dev's that

came together to make Liberty. When finally polished it will probably be in the top 3 of best

ROM's so for. JMO.

Darkslide, well, it is finely tuned as far as I'm concerned. This explains my huge hesitation to

switch to Liberty or any other ROM. It is fully themed, including multiple keyboards and black

Market. The window animations are sweet and smooth. It's fast and has amazing support even

though not much support is needed.

So to compare once again, comes down to preference. Those that have bugs

with Liberty and know how to fix them themselves, don't really have bugs and

are running an amazing ROM. Other people that need a liittle more support may not

be completely satisfied yet, but will be. And those with Darkslide I find have very few

issues right off the bat and therefor makes it a very appeasing ROM.

Sent from DX, thru TAPA

CM8, I would have some input but you LITERALLY nailed it.

Famoustgun

Reaction score
I bought koushs bootstrap and am downloading liberty now!!! How easy is it to revert back to the original stock that i had before using the ROM?

Famoustgun

Reaction score
i did!! when you get to the wipe/ factory reset theres a bunch of no's do you hit yes? will i lose all my contacts texts emails etc...?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought koushs bootstrap and am downloading liberty now!!! How easy is it to revert back to the original stock that i had before using the ROM?

Like the post above this, make your nandroid backup first.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

Famoustgun

Reaction score
So... that didnt work to well. my first attempt sucked. i went through all the steps but couldnt find it on my sd card. i hit restore so im hoping i can go back to noraml. Do i need to go thru the entire process again? should i redownload liberty? is there a certain place i need to save it to? please help. thank you!

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
They have a whole section set for liberty trouble shooting......but im sure in there they. Could give you help......but when you get running feel free to post your input here.

Last edited: