What do we know about 4.03

nadav64

Reaction score
So what will this update bring to the table?
When do you think this will arrive?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

prowler85

Reaction score

moot

Reaction score
Man, I wonder what's up with the wait. And yes, I know I can root. :p

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Good article on what 4.0.3 brings to the table, but it was totally off on when it would be released ("within a few weeks" - article written Dec. 16th).

I don't think there's anything "official" yet (at least not that I've read), but rumors I'ver heard are sometime in the first few weeks of Feb. So it sounds like we're 2-3 weeks away.
Yeah old article, but most recent I could find quickly lol.

x25064

Reaction score
A simple root would solve your questions but I will answer what I have noticed thus far:

-improved smoothness in the overall ui
-lag free scrolling in the browser
-lag free keyboard
-marginally improved signal
-marginally improved battery life (still calibrate it properly)
-reboots fixed
-zerolag camera has been removed in a way, you must let it focus first. This was a foolproof way to negate the blurry pictures people were taking without touching the screen to focus.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but I will answer any questions. Just root and save yourself the headache of a botched nexus OTA plan. Google's biggest mistake was letting Verizon take the reigns here. If yu got the phone for first in line updates you'll be disappointed. At this rate the damn razr will get 4.0.3 before we do. Honestly, I think that's why we haven't gotten it yet.