What do to when home app (i.e. LauncherPro) FC loops on bootup?

Sal R.

Reaction score
Luckily, I had a recent backup and only lost a couple days worth of data.

But what are my options when my home replacement apps FC loops aside from wiping data/cache?

Anyone know of an app that allows access to the settings from the notification bar?

illmatic636

Reaction score
It depends on what is causing your Home app drawer to FC. Are you on a Custom Rom?
What phone are you talking about (D1 or Dinc)
Did you just flash a new Rom, or are you stock.

Evidently, you should uninstall, and reinstall the app first.(Make sure you have a secondary Home app installed otherwise you'll need to flash you phone again.)
Clearing data in managed apps would be my next step. But without knowing too much detail, we really can't give you detail answer.

OP
S

Sal R.

Reaction score
DInc w/ CM7 RC4. I had no problems after flashing the ROM.

The home FCs loop started after another app crashed (BT File Transfer) and had to do a battery pull.

I couldn't uninstall the home app because the FCs would start as soon as I unlocked the screen from boot up.

As a result, I had to revert to a backup to get my phone back. I was trying to get into settings to clear the home app defaults, but couldn't get to it since LPP was FC looping.

illmatic636

Reaction score
DInc w/ CM7 RC4. I had no problems after flashing the ROM.

The home FCs loop started after another app crashed (BT File Transfer) and had to do a battery pull.

I couldn't uninstall the home app because the FCs would start as soon as I unlocked the screen from boot up.

As a result, I had to revert to a backup to get my phone back. I was trying to get into settings to clear the home app defaults, but couldn't get to it since LPP was FC looping.

When flashing to RC4 did you restore thru the market or Titanium Backup?

Seems as if you flashed a new rom without wiping, but I could be wrong. If you did wipe, then you restored using titanium backup which is no good with these GB roms. Next time just let the Market restore all your apps, and use titanium for just a couple you absolutely need to restore. If I'm way off, then sorry. I get my Dinc in 2 days and will start playing on this side of the forum. I use a D1.

Glad you had a backup to bail you out.

OP
S

Sal R.

Reaction score
I flashed over another existing build of CM7 (RC1). When I flashed CM7 RC4, everything was working fine. All apps and phone functions were working without fail.

When I used BT File Transfer app (used the app before w/ no probelms) to transfer files from my PC to my phone, it crashed mid-transfer and it took LP Pro with it. As a result, my phone screen and buttons except for the notification bar was non-responsisve.

Then I pulled the battery.

On reboot, LP Pro (my default home app) FC looped and couldn't recover. I couldn't access the phone settings to remove the app.