what did the last update do for the droid_x

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
This wont harm my Droid X in anyway right?

Sent from my DROIDX

No problems that I've ever had after changing the codec. The codec is just an method that the phone uses to convert your voice into a digital signal that it can send. I don't know about the value of changing the codec to any of the other choices, I just know that the EVRC-B was much better than EVRC. It's kinda like compressing your file with ZIP versus ARJ verus GZ, etc...

So, while I can't definitively state that there won't be any harm from this- I've set mine to EVRC-B for the past month and have noticed no differences in my phone operation. Battery life is still the same, no additional crashes, no excessive heat, etc..

cece5702

Reaction score
No problems that I've ever had after changing the codec. The codec is just an method that the phone uses to convert your voice into a digital signal that it can send. I don't know about the value of changing the codec to any of the other choices, I just know that the EVRC-B was much better than EVRC. It's kinda like compressing your file with ZIP versus ARJ verus GZ, etc...

So, while I can't definitively state that there won't be any harm from this- I've set mine to EVRC-B for the past month and have noticed no differences in my phone operation. Battery life is still the same, no additional crashes, no excessive heat, etc..

Okay thanks :)

Sent from my DROIDX

cece5702

Reaction score
Made my phone MUCH more stable!!! No more random reboots, no loss of call signal or inability to make calls... Bout time they sent this update out! I dont hate my phone anymore!

I agree! I'm happy so far.

Sent from my DROIDX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its definitely better than .596. The amount of bloatware is ridiculous though.

I am overclocked at 1.2 GHz to get rid of the lag on transitions though. Thought I would leave it on the .602 ROM for a day or so before I flashed another one over it.

random rom'd X

cw801971

Reaction score
It helped my data drop after incoming calls. Used to have to reboot phone after every call just so I could make another call or get email.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

samwifi

Reaction score
how about reboots while or after listening to music? I went back to Froyo because this problem was so irritating - it happened on podcasts, pandora, local music, etc... Is this fixed in .602?

cw801971

Reaction score
I had random reboots on 596 but after wiping data and cache it stopped. Never had a problem with music or video.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

anopy1

Reaction score
how about reboots while or after listening to music? I went back to Froyo because this problem was so irritating - it happened on podcasts, pandora, local music, etc... Is this fixed in .602?

Didn't fix it for me. It's really frustrating!

manfromnc

Reaction score
I have a rooted DX and am trying to download the system upgrade (4) and it keeps failing any idea why. It doesn't give me a clue. Just that "update failed". I have tried unrooting and that didn't work either. Thanx for any help!!..

wyld

Reaction score
I have a rooted DX and am trying to download the system upgrade (4) and it keeps failing any idea why. It doesn't give me a clue. Just that "update failed". I have tried unrooting and that didn't work either. Thanx for any help!!..

It fails cuz your rooted, moded, on a rom, removed bloatware. For an ota to install you have to be full stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

manfromnc

Reaction score
It fails cuz your rooted, moded, on a rom, removed bloatware. For an ota to install you have to be full stock.

Thanx for the info...got it back to stock and updating now. Think I'll stay at stock for a while...Thanx again...dancedroid

Rocko

Reaction score
.602 fixed the notification led and the hardware key lights on my phone. But didn't play very nice with my CPU my phone was stuck at Max speed 1ghz never went into a lower idle. So my battery life really sucked. I had to sbf and flash back to .596

How can you be the only person that the update fixed the overly bright hard light keys?

PuttsMoBilesiCit

Reaction score
I was on a rooted gingerbread and it allowed me to update.

How do I roll back now? It also caused me to lose root.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was on a rooted gingerbread and it allowed me to update.

How do I roll back now? It also caused me to lose root.

You need to sbf. Use the links in my signature.

I had something weird happen to me. I am on rooted .602 running Darkslide which is a .596 based ROM. My screen automatically turned on and prompted me to accept the OTA .602 update. I put it in airplane mode and froze the updater .apk. Weird though, since I am running a custom ROM with no bloatware.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums