LED Notification lights gone after GB update

nessa23

Reaction score
I updated to the unofficial GB leak a few weeks ago (4.5.573) and am rooted on Droid X. Ever since then, I get no LED lights on notifications for texts, email, missed calls, etc., even when I set the options to do so. I also notice that since the GB update, whenever I connect to a call, a blue light flashes that never flashed before.

Is this a GB bug? Something I can change? And what is the blue light?

Thanks for any help. This is really bugging me.

sirdirk2

Reaction score
Have you tried "lightflow" from the market?

Sent from my DROIDX 2.3.3 {4.5.591} abusing DroidForums

OP
N

nessa23

Reaction score
I was going to but I just downloaded an LED Tester and I get no lights at all. Maybe my LED is toast? I find it weird that it would burn out at the the second I installed GB but maybe. Although I do still get the weird flash of blue when I make a call? I just made a call and the blue light flashes. There must be SOMETHING going on in there. LOL!

OP
N

nessa23

Reaction score
and I just tried another led tester and all my lights show as working. definitely some mojo on the innards here. bwahahaha. I blame GB. But it is so nice on so many more levels that I'm keepin it! I'll try lightflow as well. thanks for tip.

sirdirk2

Reaction score
I too get a blue light when connecting a call, also a blue flash at boot but I'm running the latest leak (4.5.591). The rest of my notifications are fine, and lightflow seems to work quite well with any build I've tried (even gave me color options I didn't know I had) good luck :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sirdirk2

Reaction score
Only issue of have with lightflow is that the notification lights don't flash unless the screen is off (suppose with the screen on you'd be able to see notification in top bar)

OP
N

nessa23

Reaction score
thank you. I did download lightflow and it seems to be working. I am getting LED flashes now for missed calls and texts! And in different colors. How so very strange that I had to have a 3rd party app to restore LED function after GB. Oh Android how you fill my day. :D Sometimes with joy, sometimes not.

OP
N

nessa23

Reaction score
I am not updating to .588 or latest. My tether still works so I'm not moving for awhile.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

phatkat66

Reaction score
I tried lightflow I don't get any lights at all while screen is off. When I do a "test" and shut off the screen i see little flickers of the LED but it looks like the light isn't getting enough charge.

Any other suggestions? I've been missing many many texts/calls because my LED wont light up and its EXTREMELY annoying. Especially when my phone is fairly brand new (Few days old) I didnt even have it on froyo for more than 5 minutes when I got it.