what did the last update do for the droid_x

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to sbf. Use the links in my signature.

I had something weird happen to me. I am on rooted .602 running Darkslide which is a .596 based ROM. My screen automatically turned on and prompted me to accept the OTA .602 update. I put it in airplane mode and froze the updater .apk. Weird though, since I am running a custom ROM with no bloatware.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Hey brad! Teach me that trick? Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

daroga

Reaction score
Running rooted .596, with a lot of bloat frozen. It auto downloaded the update and keeps bugging me to install it. Is there a way to install while preserving root? Also acceptable, is there a way to make it just stop bothering me about it? On vacation right now and need my phone to work but don't really want to fight with the install later button for a week.

Thanks!

cece5702

Reaction score
How can you be the only person that the update fixed the overly bright hard light keys?

My bright hard light keys have been fixed also since this new update! Love it! :)

Sent from my DROIDX

SSeegars

Reaction score
It killed me on getting text messages. Rarely had a problem before, now it can be 24 hrsbefore i get responses my friendssend a minute after i message them.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

schatzy62

Reaction score
.602 fixed the notification led and the hardware key lights on my phone. But didn't play very nice with my CPU my phone was stuck at Max speed 1ghz never went into a lower idle. So my battery life really sucked. I had to sbf and flash back to .596

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

No issues with processor speed reducing as it should but still is sucking the life out of my battery. Full charge to 20% in just over 4 hours with zero use(no calls, not texting, no surfing the web), gps, bluetooth, and wifi off. no new apps, only changes are update and loss of root.

So anyone have any ideas what is causing the battery drain.

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any real change in battery life after this .602 update, but by far the best change I ever made to improve battery life was to change the e-mail synchronization schedules.

Settings | Battery & data manager | Data Delivery | Email and corporate sync | Email delivery | Fetch schedule (mine is every 4 hours)

(Data push is off)

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
The other thing that the .602 update seems to have fixed is random crashes. Ever since June 1, the longest my phone would stay up without a crash (and restart) was 3 days. Now that I've applied .062, I've gone 10 days with no restarts... I'm quite happy about that! The random restarts were bad.

trshb

Reaction score
I feel like the patch update messed up my phone! Problems that I didn't have are now appearing. Poor call signal, dropped calls, reboots, and major dialing lag - all have occurred since that patch. Ov and battery life is worse. Anyone else notice their phone getting worse rather than better?

merf658

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems. Let me know of you find a solution.

the5barrons

Reaction score
First couple days on 602iwas upset at the battery drain, lack of wifi stability, wicked heat, etc..

On the third day, all of it smoothed out. Battery is cool and lasts better than when I was rooted and rommed on darkslide 4.2. GB speed is comparable to where I can't tell the difference. ADW launcher was infinitely more capable but I have to admit that this version, even with all the bloat is pretty darn good.

I have a couple issues that I'm not happy with, one being that the stock music plater just starts playing when it detects my vehicle bluetooth. No setting change for that. Also, like all unrooted phones, there is no quickboot solution.

Other than that, I'm not really satisfied with .602

cece5702

Reaction score
First couple days on 602iwas upset at the battery drain, lack of wifi stability, wicked heat, etc..

On the third day, all of it smoothed out. Battery is cool and lasts better than when I was rooted and rommed on darkslide 4.2. GB speed is comparable to where I can't tell the difference. ADW launcher was infinitely more capable but I have to admit that this version, even with all the bloat is pretty darn good.

I have a couple issues that I'm not happy with, one being that the stock music plater just starts playing when it detects my vehicle bluetooth. No setting change for that. Also, like all unrooted phones, there is no quickboot solution.

Other than that, I'm not really satisfied with .602

Are you using Juice Defender? That seems to freeze my internet!!

Sent from my DROIDX

the5barrons

Reaction score
Nope. No performance management addons. No task killers. I use dolphin mini instead of the stock browser.

cece5702

Reaction score
Nope. No performance management addons. No task killers.

Hmmm...... I think I'm going remove juice defender for better performance. Do you have your data on and emails pushing through or set to fetch?

Sent from my DROIDX