What case cover are you going with?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have that case. The only thing that keeps it from being a daily driver is that the power button is so hard to push. I moved to the Speck Note 4 case and have been very happy.
That'd be what I want. With Nova Launcher I have the home button set to turn the screen off with a double tap and Samsung devices will wake the screen when tapping the home button. I keep accidentally tapping the power button at the wrong time since it sticks out so far and is so friggin' long. The volume toggle isn't so easy to accidentally press and even if I do it only changes the volume, no wake or sleep by accident. The only time I want to use the power button is to power the phone off or on.
I also have an app called Screen Off and Lock that I have a double tap gesture on Nova set to sleep the screen, like the G2 and Moto X have built in so basically I wake the phone with the home button, sleep it with a double tap. Also removing the s pen wakes the phone as well.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Diztronic finally has some cases available for the Note 4:

Matte Black

Matte Gray

I usually go with the matte black, but I'm giving the gray a shot this time. I ordered one yesterday, and it's already shipped.

Now I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll make a case that's compatible with the OEM wireless charging back like they did for the Galaxy S5. I'm not counting on it, but it sure would be nice.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Diztronic finally has some cases available for the Note 4:

Matte Black

Matte Gray

I usually go with the matte black, but I'm giving the gray a shot this time. I ordered one yesterday, and it's already shipped.

Now I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll make a case that's compatible with the OEM wireless charging back like they did for the Galaxy S5. I'm not counting on it, but it sure would be nice.
Let us know how you like it. They're plain, but they take the speaker into consideration & I like the look.

Sent from my Note 4

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Let us know how you like it. They're plain, but they take the speaker into consideration & I like the look.

Sent from my Note 4
I've used matte Diztronic cases on every phone I've owned since the Galaxy Nexus, and I've never been disappointed. They're by far my favorite case manufacturer. Fit and form are always top notch. I expect nothing but awesomeness from the Note 4 case.

I prefer low profile cases that aren't flashy, and Diztronic nails both.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have that case. The only thing that keeps it from being a daily driver is that the power button is so hard to push. I moved to the Speck Note 4 case and have been very happy.
The case arrived. It does what I wanted in making the power and volume toggles flush but they didn't add any extra effort into pressing them by accident. A win/win I suppose. It's more like the old Inc where those buttons were pretty much flush and you got no sense of anything moving when you pressed them,a bit disconcerting until you get used to it. I guess it's like the button being on the back of the G2 vs side in that it'll take a bit to get muscle memory into effect. Only disappointment is it doesn't add as much thickness as I'd hoped. The phone still feels a little thin and easy to accidentally drop due to it.
Edit. I didn't mention,I really do like the case overall, didn't want to give the impression it's a dud or give the impression I'm complaining. I'd buy it again and it's going to be my main case.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The local AT&T store got some black s view cases in yesterday so I picked one up this morning . I know this probably sounds silly and possibly child like but the phone feels more like a "really cool business tool" that doubles as a "really cool gadget". The functionality isn't something game changing or earth shattering but it feels totally different and , for lack of a better word, luxurious . I carry my Notes in one of these HSINI Black Durable Carrying Case for SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II N7100 Note N7000 Ring Hook Clip DURABLE CARRY POUCH Free Stylus and CASE Amazon Cell Phones Accessories already for its tank like protection anyway and the new cover fits just as nicely, the biggest difference overall is feel in hand.
Taking a photo with the cover closed is kinda cool and all, along with auto wake but it'd be just fine if it didn't have those as the power button is readily accessible without sticking outside of the case thus avoiding accidental presses. With the multi windows you can open the camera as a mini app, minimize it and place the minimized icon in the uncovered area of the screen, making it just as easy to snap a photo without opening the cover should one want a knockoff brand for less money. Hope that makes sense.?. The only thing with a knock off would be it wouldn't give the option for a specifically sized to the opening wallpaper choice like the Samsung branded one gives so there's a different wallpaper when the screen is awake but case is closed than the actual phones wallpaper. If I'm not making sense I apologize but am running on less than 4 hours of sleep a day for the last week+.
It does have a cutout I the back bottom to make retrieving the s pen just as easyb as a naked phone and a cutout along the top to make it just as earphone plug friendly. Doesn't muffle the volume on the back speaker and had a cutout along the top front for the earpiece speaker, again making it just as usable as if not covered.
Short story, long, it feels good in hand, looks really nice, adds a professional/executive look to the phone and has a few features that folks might enjoy besides the ability to take a photo when closed and auto wake when the cover is opened. I think it's genuine pu-leather (aka pleather) on the outside, feeling much more cow hide like than the back of the phone itself, speaking of which it does replace the factory back with.
Well worth the price paid,$50, imo.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
My GF is using the champagne s view case and loves it.. It's improved over previous versions..

BTW I have extra coupon code for Samsung site for the one y'all get to sign up.. If anyone needs one hit me up..

M8 tap'd

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My GF is using the champagne s view case and loves it.. It's improved over previous versions..

BTW I have extra coupon code for Samsung site for the one y'all get to sign up.. If anyone needs one hit me up..

M8 tap'd
You being all smart and everything, can you tell me if there's a way to make the photos taken with the cover closed larger than 8.9MP? Also what does she clean the clear part with? Mine seems to be very attached to the goo that touches it and won't wipe clean with a micro fiber cloth like the phone screen does. Thanks.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
You being all smart and everything, can you tell me if there's a way to make the photos taken with the cover closed larger than 8.9MP? Also what does she clean the clear part with? Mine seems to be very attached to the goo that touches it and won't wipe clean with a micro fiber cloth like the phone screen does. Thanks.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

That's the one thing she's always trying to clean off.. Haha and with a few curses.. Lol
It seems a little better than when she first got it.. Same with Micro cloth but not easy..
I will check on photo MP

M8 tap'd

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I received my matte gray case from Diztronic late last week. As expected, it's an awesome TPU case. The fit and finish are perfect, it adds very little bulk, and there are no issues with any of the cutouts (one of the mic holes on the bottom is elongated for use with any Note 4, including the Verizon one). The cutouts around the camera and the speaker have a slight ridge around them so that when you set the phone down, they keep the camera lens from hitting and the speaker from getting muffled. The power and volume buttons are easy to press, and there's no issue with using the fingerprint scanner or heart rate monitor. The corners are reinforced with a little bit more material to help in a fall. I've always gone with the matte black cases in the past, but I'm really digging the gray (it's a dark gunmetal gray).

Another great case from Diztronic.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

jhom

Reaction score
I've been a UAG fanboy. I've been using a UAG case on my Note 4 for several weeks. It is bulletproof. I recently bought a Samsung Protective Cover and it is my daily cover. It is perfect for me. It is solid, slim, not bulky and feels great. It makes the Note 4 very comfortable to hold and use. It provides a good degree of protection and does not detract from the Note 4 design. I consider the UAG case perfect for the S4. The Samsung Protective Cover is perfect for the Note 4.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
New case!!! Goospery by Mercury tpu case! I had one for my Note 3 and loved it! Very nice slim fitting case.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422402533982.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422402533982.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 247
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422402538114.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422402538114.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 253