What are some MUST have Android Wear Apps?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I just got my LG Urbane w150. Nice looking watch. Not as big as I thought it was going to be which is a plus. Still doing a bunch of software updates. The one thing I want to know is What are some MUST have Android Wear Apps? What are all you Android Wear users using that makes having these Smart watches worth the investment? Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The only apps that I have installed on my watch that didn't come with it are watch face apps. They are a great way to customize your watch and change it up whenever you feel like it. With the newer versions of Android Wear a lot of apps from your phone will auto sync to your watch and provide some basic functionality from your watch.

Edit: Congrats on the new watch!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
The only apps that I have installed on my watch that didn't come with it are watch face apps. They are a great way to customize your watch and change it up whenever you feel like it. With the newer versions of Android Wear a lot of apps from your phone will auto sync to your watch and provide some basic functionality from your watch.

Edit: Congrats on the new watch!

Thanks for the Reply! I currently have Android Wear v1.5.0.3358953. I did install Facer and created a Account. It is cool having the Faces. I just need to find Better Mickey Mouse Faces lol. Would you happen to know if S Health is working with the LG Urbane w150? I still find it to be the Best Health App.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have AW 1.5.0.336103 on my watch, so very similar. I'm not sure about S Health. I have a Moto 360 Sport and it uses Moto Body by default. JonnyKansas is one member I know with an Urbane, maybe he can answer that question.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Back when I had my Note 4, S Health wasn't directly compatible with the Urbane. That's been about a year now, so Idk if anything has changed, but in the S Health app, they have very limited devices that are compatible with it. I ended up switching to Google Fit. I'm not a fitness buff by any means, but I like knowing which days I got up and was more active. Fit, to me, is very similar to S Health as far as features that I used. The UI is different, but I basically just use it to track steps, which it actually does by time active instead of number of steps. To me, knowing how inaccurate these step counters can be, that's a better metric anyway. I've got a goal set for amount of time active each day and it'll coach me alone similarly to how S Health did, though I turned off the S Health feature to bug me when I've been stationary for an hour.

Sorry. I know that doesn't REALLY answer your question, but that's my experience.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Watchmaker premium and wear charging widget
Wear Charging Widget looks pretty good. Looks very similar to the built in Charging / Night Mode on the Moto 360 Sport & 2nd Gen. Makes a nice bedside clock.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk