What Apps Are We Safe To Freeze?

ebaysnyper

Reaction score
i uninstalled ALL vz apps without a prob

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

jesusishere

Reaction score
I have deleted most of the bloatware on the device. I do not recommend deleting any .apk that has a Blur_, blur_ prefixes as they are part of the system. These of course can be taken care of with a new rom. IMO these blur apps are pretty useful apps and help make the Droid 3 more usable.

Apps I have deleted successfully:
Goto Meeting
ALL Verizon Apps (I have not tested the hidden services of verizon yet)
Blockbuster
NFL Mobile
Citrix
Zumo
DLNA
City ID (I actually like this app and I am in the process of extending my trial period).
Social Location

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I have deleted most of the bloatware on the device. I do not recommend deleting any .apk that has a Blur_, blur_ prefixes as they are part of the system. These of course can be taken care of with a new rom. IMO these blur apps are pretty useful apps and help make the Droid 3 more usable.

Apps I have deleted successfully:
Goto Meeting
ALL Verizon Apps (I have not tested the hidden services of verizon yet)
Blockbuster
NFL Mobile
Citrix
Zumo
DLNA
City ID (I actually like this app and I am in the process of extending my trial period).
Social Location

I removed all the apps you listed. Got force closes on a lot of them and the DLNA service is in a FC loop.............

ebaysnyper

Reaction score
I removed all the apps you listed. Got force closes on a lot of them and the DLNA service is in a FC loop.............

i had the same thing happen to me. just did a power off then reboot and everything is fine now.

are you using titainium?

Tepes

Reaction score
Anybody know what the apk name is for Moto Hotspot? That's one that always seems to run and I don't use it.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

jesusishere

Reaction score

These apps not only take up space on your phone but also ram, thus why they are called bloatware. They sit idling, pining, sending, recieving information wether you wanted them to, whether you know it, or whether you liked it. When you delete one of these apps as the phone is active, android constantly looks for it and when it can't find it, it does a force close loop. To fix this issue reboot the phone, when the phone reboots the app cannot be started thus android would stop looking for it. If you feel as though you are deleting an important app first rename it to .bak or something similar and see what happens. If the app continue to misbehave just go back and rename it to the correct extension (many force close button presses later).

Anybody know what the apk name is for Moto Hotspot? That's one that always seems to run and I don't use it.

At this time there is an issue with it being so integrated with blur. I am working on a way to get rid of it so we can use barnacle and other apps without any issues.

Last edited:
OP
neilrl79

neilrl79

Reaction score
Has anyone frozen "Voicemail" I had VZW turn my voicemail off but it constantly runs on my phone? Also what about "Im" it's almost always running?