Wet phone!?!? T_t

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
As a tip for everyon that I put up before...

Don't use rice. Pull your battery before you short out your phone. Go to a gun shop and buy silica gel and bury your phone in it. It's the stuff that comes packed with new shoes. It absorbs far more moisture more quickly than rice.

Rice produces a fine "rice dust" that can get inside your electronics and cling to any moisture inside. Once it does it forms a gunk that can ruin your phone. Leave it there without the battery for a minimum of 24 hours depending on how much water is in your phone.

Here's what to look for. And always keep it on hand... you never know when it'll come in handy.

Last edited:
OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
Full?! All 600, no deals no nothing!? Ahhhhhh
What if I buy the phone from another source?

Kentech0023

Reaction score
Well first lets be optimistic and assume your current phone works.

If not then yes it is the full retail price. That's why on a $600 I suggest getting insurance. Also you can click on my sig about info on Droid coupons. Also if you get it from another source it shouldn't be a problem.

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
Thanks for your offer, it's very generous of you. Can you tell me why the cheapest option would now be for me and my family?

Droids

Reaction score
The cheapest option is to be patient, and give your phone at least 48 hours to completely dry out before putting the battery back in it and turning it on. If you can wait it out, you will likely find that your phone is fine, it just needs to be 100% dry throughout.

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
Thanks a lot but, if the unthinkable happens, what then?

Kentech0023

Reaction score
Then you will have to buy another phone. It doesn't have to be the Droid X and some older Droids are on eBay and Craigslist for a reasonable price.

Also if it turns out your phone is okay then get insurance.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
AHHH JUST TURN IT ON!!!!!

j/k

Sorry .. tension of reading this thread built up:icon_eek::icon_eek:

avt123

Reaction score
Hmm interesting. I thought it was common sense to not have electronics that aren't waterproof in your pocket when you are going into water... Good luck with your device.

memnv

Reaction score
I have heard to use the rice treatment before 2, but I think your suppose to put the phone in something, anyways I am looking at my total equipment coverage sheet for my droid x and it says it covers water damage too, I dont know if it is just for this phone thoughdancedroid