wet droid, blue light

mdsurfermom

Reaction score
my droid got submerged in water yesterday. been in a bag of rice ever since. put battery back in it and now get a solid blue light. what does this mean?

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Is the light on the main screen or LED? If screen, is it the whole screen? I think you may want to continue drying it out, use dessicant if you can find some, rice takes a while. Good luck:motdroidvert:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
1, rice is an emergency measure as commercial desiccant is a MUCH better choice.

2, and most important, you need to leave it in the rice for at least 48 hours before putting the battery back in.

Hopefully nothing has shorted. Pull the battery and leave it alone for at least another 24 hours!

gmmurphy

Reaction score
dont get your hopes up, droids dont like water. insurance is your best bet. the rice thing worked with dumb phones never seen a droid come back to life being soaked. good luck, there is a thread about how to deal, i looked but could not find, someone will give you the link.

OP
M

mdsurfermom

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help!

the blue light is flickering all kinds of colors now. it is where the indicator light is located. guess i better make a claim to the insurance company!
thanks again for the help!