Went in to buy an iPhone 4s... but walked out with a Razr.

PapaDeuce

Reaction score
LOL, not sure how that happened... I always wanted an iPhone because so many cool apps are available. But the folks at Verizon convinced me that the Razr is a far superior phone, and while it may not have access to as many apps, I would have access to the ones I really use. And they made me feel good about my purchase, but now that I'm home, I have a twinge of regret. But before buying I was in 2 other Verizon stores and they also tried to steer me from an iPhone, so I wonder if Verizon just would rather not sell as many iPhones. Maybe apple wants too big a cut from Verizon... just seems weird that ALL of them pushed me away from an iPhone.

The thing is, I know a lot about apple apps as we have all kinds of apple products in our home..... I'm just hoping that I can find some apps that are similar to what I'll be missing.... iMovie, Pages, and a few games I love. One thing I did notice tonight is that there doesn't seem to be a Hulu+ app for Android. That kind of makes me sad.

Oh, and this is probably covered in 100 other threads, but are there any absolutely MUST HAVE apps that you think EVERYBODY should have on their phones?

jjlittle1

Reaction score
You'll love it more than an iphone trust me, many of the apps are on both platforms. Do a search for must have apps on this site you'll find them. Have fun and congrats.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
At the store level, unless you are in an authorized store franchise, there is no incentive to sell either one or the other style phone. They directed you to the Droid RAZR because the Android OS is here to stay and getting better. It's already out-classing iPhone's OS in terms of overall customization and easily competes on all other levels. It may not have as large of a software market, but the prices smash the iPhone and most everything you can do on an iPhone, you can also do on an Android phone and more.

The RAZR is an excellent phone and you won't new disappointed.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
To me the shocking thing isn't that several reps prefer the RAZR (agree with the above poster), the shocking thing is that they bothered to "sell" you on any phone. I find it just short of amazing that you go into 3 stores to buy an IPhone and any rep bothers to even show you the Android phones.

It could be that VZW is, understandably, just pushing LTE. Which means 4G phones. Which the IPhone isn't.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I was messing with my wife's iphone 4s tonight, it felt like an old phone. Small screen, bulky, took forever to update her apps. (1 was over 20 mb.)
My Thunderbolt feels newer and more advanced, and it's almost a year old.
The thing I like about the iphone is all the cool gadgets you can buy that it docks in. If Google mandated that all phones have the same physical characteristics, then we would have the same stuff.
Try "Flash Video Browser " from the market for Hulu, I find it works well on my Thunderbolt, not sure about the Razor.

I think you will be happy with your choice. (there may be a 2-3 day learning curve, there was for me coming from Windows Mobile.)
Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

RobClay18838

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure android has hella more apps than ios. Another good thing is most of the apps are free ;) you shouldn't have any problems finding similiar applications.
Sent from my CushZero Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

penut_gallery

Reaction score
i chose a droid over an iPhone a few months ago. i got a RZR. i love it. u will not regret ur choice. i look at iPhone like a thing in the past. my droid is not just a phone. its amazing. just my personal opinion:)
dont sweat ur decision and start enjoying :)

rumblee1

Reaction score
Android Market has close to 300,000 apps. I mean, really. How many do you need? I got the original DROID on the advice of our IT expert. He said back then that the Android os would be the #1 operating system within 5 years. Well, it only took 3. Android, faster, better built, total customization. Iphone, NOT. And this coming from a household that uses only macs. But never an Iphone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

H3Dude

Reaction score
My Verizon corporate store told me they get razzed to sell iPhones cause they are 3G and Verizon is trying to get everyone on 4G. They said 4G is a less expensive network to run. Where I Live everyone wants to be like the Joneses and own an iPhone and they are getting beat up bad from above not selling many 4G phones even though they are outselling all the other stores. Either way, better phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mcsoul

Reaction score
My wife has the iphone 4, I think it's to heavy. And now that I'm used to the RAZR, the iphone 4 screen seems tiny, nice quality picture, but tiny.

I think the RAZR camera is the only weak point, when I tap to take the picture, the shot gets moved out of focus. I wish the display button or volume buttons
could snap the pic.

Ansa82

Reaction score
I actually had the opposite happen...I had gone into Verizon to get another droid phone when I wanted a larger screen (I had a droid incredible) and Verizon employees were pushing I phone 4s big time. I felt so uncomfortable about it I left the store! On another date same thing...really heavy pushing towards I phone. I ended up coming home & calling Verizon by phone! Then I was able to get what I wanted!

LOL, not sure how that happened... I always wanted an iPhone because so many cool app

s are available. But the folks at Verizon convinced me that the Razr is a far superior phone, and while it may not have access to as many apps, I would have access to the ones I really use. And they made me feel good about my purchase, but now that I'm home, I have a twinge of regret. But before buying I was in 2 other Verizon stores and they also tried to steer me from an iPhone, so I wonder if Verizon just would rather not sell as many iPhones. Maybe apple wants too big a cut from Verizon... just seems weird that ALL of them pushed me away from an iPhone.

The thing is, I know a lot about apple apps as we have all kinds of apple products in our home..... I'm just hoping that I can find some apps that are similar to what I'll be missing.... iMovie, Pages, and a few games I love. One thing I did notice tonight is that there doesn't seem to be a Hulu+ app for Android. That kind of makes me sad.

Oh, and this is probably covered in 100 other threads, but are there any absolutely MUST HAVE apps that you think EVERYBODY should have on their phones?

cbrxcx5790

Reaction score
So I just recently got rid of my iPhone 4s for a DROID RAZR and Friday I'm going g back to Verizon and getting a iPhone 4s. I always run back to my iPhone I can count on my iPhone more than this RAZR. I'm so use to ios. The RAZR is cool and all but I will always be an apple fan. I'm not hating on android I think there stuff is cool and there coming up but there still not close to how the iPhone is.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
by the way hulu plus is coming to android, google hulu plus for android too see what I'm referring to.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Oh, one more reason to appreciate your decision. The famous Apple kill switch does not apply to Android, lol. Buy an app and it's really yours, not just yours until someone no longer decides to allow you its use.