Probably exchanging this for an iPhone 4

iguanad

Reaction score
Get a Galaxy Nexus, better than the Iphone 4s and Razr together...No phone compares to the nexus, if you don't believe me ask your friend salesman to show it to you and you'll see what I'm talking about, if you like to be in control, don't like challenges or change, then the iphone is for you...Ive had berries, apples and androids, and NOTHING can beat the power of Android specially the GNEX..This is my personal opinion..

I looked at the nexus and the razr and bought the razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
R

remedemic

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I've decided to go with the iPhone 4S. Verizon is out of stock in all of California, but Apple has some, so I need to cancel my contract and sign another one at the apple store. Can't pick one up at Verizon since chances of them restocking before my exchange period is over will be slim. Anyone know any other ways of doing this, or is cancelling and restarting my contract the only option? Would prefer to sign the contract at the verizon store if possible somehow.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I've decided to go with the iPhone 4S. Verizon is out of stock in all of California, but Apple has some, so I need to cancel my contract and sign another one at the apple store. Can't pick one up at Verizon since chances of them restocking before my exchange period is over will be slim. Anyone know any other ways of doing this, or is cancelling and restarting my contract the only option? Would prefer to sign the contract at the verizon store if possible somehow.

The only thing to consider is will you be staying with Verizon (even if you sign the contract thru Apple)...and do you have an unlimited data plan now...if you do and you cancel, you will lose it and be on a capped plan...

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Or return the RAZR and order the 4S but continue using your old Verizon phone until the 4S comes in.

Reaction score
Get a Galaxy Nexus, better than the Iphone 4s and Razr together...No phone compares to the nexus, if you don't believe me ask your friend salesman to show it to you and you'll see what I'm talking about, if you like to be in control, don't like challenges or change, then the iphone is for you...Ive had berries, apples and androids, and NOTHING can beat the power of Android specially the GNEX..This is my personal opinion..

this. DancingNexus

birdiebo

Reaction score
Hi, all. I've been struggling with this dilemma since picking up my Razr several weeks ago. I really like the current software version on the Razr, but with the 3g/4g issues, and their impact on battery life, I'm just about to opt for the 4s. However, since I really enjoy other parts of the Android experience, I'm planning on keeping my Droid X (which works just fine), and periodically switching back and forth between the X and the 4s. The VZW rep tells me this is doable just by doing the old *228, Option 3 thing. I'd appreciate your thoughts on whether this is a clever ploy, or just a waste of time. Thanks.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Hi, all. I've been struggling with this dilemma since picking up my Razr several weeks ago. I really like the current software version on the Razr, but with the 3g/4g issues, and their impact on battery life, I'm just about to opt for the 4s. However, since I really enjoy other parts of the Android experience, I'm planning on keeping my Droid X (which works just fine), and periodically switching back and forth between the X and the 4s. The VZW rep tells me this is doable just by doing the old *228, Option 3 thing. I'd appreciate your thoughts on whether this is a clever ploy, or just a waste of time. Thanks.

Its your choice on phones. If you got'em use them.

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZRX RAZR ROCKIN XOOMZOOM

Zandar

Reaction score

Why don't you just disable 4G when you're not using it? This qualm makes no sense to me. Disable LTE and you have a 3G phone with incredible battery life, but one with killer hardware and the option to use 4G if you ever have the inkling.

Sliced from my RAZR

birdiebo

Reaction score
Why don't you just disable 4G when you're not using it? This qualm makes no sense to me. Disable LTE and you have a 3G phone with incredible battery life, but one with killer hardware and the option to use 4G if you ever have the inkling.

Thanks for the suggestion. As it happens, I was in a 3g-only area for several days, and the Razr worked very well...12-14 hours of battery life, along with excellent overall performance. When I returned to my home area, the phone wouldn't get a data connection until I rebooted. So, I keep thinking, $300 for a slightly better (and sleeker) Droid X that constantly fights 4g, and occasionally reboots spontaneously, or just go ahead and drink the Apple 4s juice, keeping my old X handy for whenever I want to switch over and play with Android. The good news is that this is how a bored guy entertains himself! Thanks again for the help.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had the razr for 3 weeks now and by all means, it's a great phone, but some things just seem to be ticking me off about it. First and foremost, there's the whole data-dropping BS that we have to wait to get fixed (who knows when a real fix will come). The size gets kind of annoying. When holding with one hand, I often have to move the phone about to get from the bottom to the top screen. I know this is my fault for buying a phone with this size, but it still is annoying. They didn't even need to make the phone this wide, they have so much padding between the edge of the phone and the screen's end. Then there's the not as good resolution. This pentile display really makes the screen look bad, making text look pixelated. The iphone has no issues with dropping data, is a very nice size, and the resolution is as high as possible. Plus, the overall hardware is better quality. This droid seems cheap around the sides and what not. I've already had to return one for a faulty battery.

The iphone may not have as good specs but i don't even need the crazy computing power that this phone has anyways. The only thing that had me running for android was that android devices are usually more fun/entertaining than apple devices (customizable, bigger screen) but with these data dropping issues and big size, its hard to use the device in general when I need it.

By all means, don't let me discourage you from getting this phone for those of you who are thinking about buying it. The phone is amazing, it just has several things that happen to annoy me. I'm very impatient and don't want to wait for the data fix (which may or may not come), and dislike having to shift up and down to use the phone with one hand. I'm sure the iPhone has its own issues but those are issues that probably won't bother me.

Sorry for writing you a novel on this rather simple topic, I guess I just wanted your opinion. Do the faults that I find with the droid seem reasonable to exchange it for an iPhone 4? Btw, I won't be picking up the 4S, just the original 4, if that influences your opinion.

Cool story bro!

thelastbill

Reaction score
Then go get it.....

I've had the razr for 3 weeks now and by all means, it's a great phone, but some things just seem to be ticking me off about it. First and foremost, there's the whole data-dropping BS that we have to wait to get fixed (who knows when a real fix will come). The size gets kind of annoying. When holding with one hand, I often have to move the phone about to get from the bottom to the top screen. I know this is my fault for buying a phone with this size, but it still is annoying. They didn't even need to make the phone this wide, they have so much padding between the edge of the phone and the screen's end. Then there's the not as good resolution. This pentile display really makes the screen look bad, making text look pixelated. The iphone has no issues with dropping data, is a very nice size, and the resolution is as high as possible. Plus, the overall hardware is better quality. This droid seems cheap around the sides and what not. I've already had to return one for a faulty battery.

The iphone may not have as good specs but i don't even need the crazy computing power that this phone has anyways. The only thing that had me running for android was that android devices are usually more fun/entertaining than apple devices (customizable, bigger screen) but with these data dropping issues and big size, its hard to use the device in general when I need it.

By all means, don't let me discourage you from getting this phone for those of you who are thinking about buying it. The phone is amazing, it just has several things that happen to annoy me. I'm very impatient and don't want to wait for the data fix (which may or may not come), and dislike having to shift up and down to use the phone with one hand. I'm sure the iPhone has its own issues but those are issues that probably won't bother me.

Sorry for writing you a novel on this rather simple topic, I guess I just wanted your opinion. Do the faults that I find with the droid seem reasonable to exchange it for an iPhone 4? Btw, I won't be picking up the 4S, just the original 4, if that influences your opinion.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would say not to get the iPhone, only because I'd hate to see ya on 3G for the remainder of your contract. Try some of the other 4G phones first like the Rezound, I have the Rezound and its a pretty solid phone, no issues like what I was having with my Bionic which seems to be some of the same issues with the Razr.

4G is deff a selling point, and a 3G phone (weather iPhone or not) should honestly be your last resort.

If you are NOT in a 4G area, call VZW and ask when you are slated for a 4G market.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
What do you do over 4G that you can't do over 3G?? My web pages load up a little faster, but not 22Mbps faster, because these mobile devices and that includes tablets seem to be bottle necked. Downloading files you see a difference but that's really about it. Having this high speed on your phone is not like having it on a PC. My 3Mbps DSL home connection loads up web pages faster than my 20Mbps RAZR.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you do over 4G that you can't do over 3G?? My web pages load up a little faster, but not 22Mbps faster, because these mobile devices and that includes tablets seem to be bottle necked. Downloading files you see a difference but that's really about it. Having this high speed on your phone is not like having it on a PC. My 3Mbps DSL home connection loads up web pages faster than my 20Mbps RAZR.

The 4G comes in handy when streaming movies, youtube, music etc. And my webpages on my 4G phone load 5 times faster then they do on my 3G phone and almost 5 times faster than my mom's and sister's iPhone 4S'. The 4G makes a difference, if you can't really tell the difference, then maybe you just don't use the phone to its fullest potential. There are some heavy users out there, and use heavy users can see the difference between 4G/3G like night and day.

Also, when it comes to loading webpages, its not about how much bandwidth you got or what your download speed is in Mbps, but rather determined by your latency or PING. DSL and broadband cable internet will ALWAYS (except for maybe DSL) have a fast ping and latency than 4G.

For example, I have broadband internet at home, my ping is always under 20ms, but I only get 4Mbps down and 2Mbps up. Web browsing is hella faster than it on my 4G Rezound which on 4G gets 75~100ms ping and consistent 15-20Mbps down and 10-15Mbps up.

Also, hardware affects web browsing as well, so yes, your computer will always have faster internet than your 4G phone, but your 4G phone will ALWAYS be faster than your 3G phone.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

Sliced from my RAZR

I agree and plan on using my LTE phone (when I get one) like this, 3G most of the time and when I need it 4G.
Most everyone I know has 3G phones only a few have 4G phones and when I ask about data drops they just look at me and ask "Huh?"
perhaps it's where you live?