Changing text/icon size on Razr Maxx?

sbhsquared

Reaction score
I'm brand new to smartphones - I started out with an LG Spectrum about a week ago and loved it... picked it specifically for the incredible screen resolution and the size of the icons & text. However, I found out that LG phones don't play nice with after-market car BT receivers. So I've sent back the LG and ordered a Maxx since that seems to be good to go on the compatibility issue. Now I'm concerned about the size of the text and icons (widgets?) on the Maxx screen. My eyes aren't what they used to be. Asked the Verizon sales people today, and they couldn't figure out any way to make anything larger on the home screen - and I know I'm already starting out with less resolution than the LG had. There was some ridiculous 'accessibility' thing on the Maxx that just opened a magnified square in the middle of the screen, but it seemed totally unusable. Are there any apps that I can use that will resize everything so that I can actually see it? I apologize if this question is either too basic or already done to death - but I couldn't find anything on the same topic through a search here. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Try to get a launcher from the google play store. I use go launcher. And you can change pretty much everything on the home screen including icons and text.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

OP
S

sbhsquared

Reaction score
Thanks - I'll look into that as soon as the phone gets here. Until then, I'll sleep a little easier knowing I'm not stuck squinting at the screen for the next two years!

lmpmd

Reaction score
FWIW if you download handcent sms you can change the fonts of your text conversations (sms texts).

DocsDad

Reaction score
How do I change the font size of an SMS conversation in handcent? My wife has trouble reading texts and this would nice for her.

cece5702

Reaction score
With Handcent, I believe you can download various Handcent font packages from the Play Store. I know previously in the past thats what I did.
How do I change the font size of an SMS conversation in handcent? My wife has trouble reading texts and this would nice for her.

lmpmd

Reaction score
Handcent (for me) had option to change font size - without having to download font packages. It was just there.

OP
S

sbhsquared

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies - now I've got a plan of attack for when the phone gets here (probably Friday). I'm sure I'll be back with way too many *very basic* questions! :hail:

B.

DocsDad

Reaction score
Handcent (for me) had option to change font size - without having to download font packages. It was just there.

I found where I could change Handcent font size for the Subject... But when opening the text it defaults to normal font again. Is there a way to change the entire message font?

thx

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, another launcher will help. You'll be able to reduce the number of rows and columns and increase the size of icons.

MIUI tested, mother approved.

cece5702

Reaction score
When I go into settings, custom style, incoming/outgoing fonts and ajust my font size using the drop down menu it works fine for me.
I found where I could change Handcent font size for the Subject... But when opening the text it defaults to normal font again. Is there a way to change the entire message font?

thx