Zooming Websites with Text

marcelo

Reaction score
Just switced from a D1 to a Maxx. Loving the Maxx but only thing I miss is the auto format of text to fit screen when I zoomed in/out on a web page. I've checked settings and couldn't find anything to enable this. Any suggestions? Thanks!

BigJP

Reaction score
Just switced from a D1 to a Maxx. Loving the Maxx but only thing I miss is the auto format of text to fit screen when I zoomed in/out on a web page. I've checked settings and couldn't find anything to enable this. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Once on any web site click lower left Icon, click more, than settings to Auto fit page..................Hope that helps..................Have a good one!

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I have DolphinHD and the Standard Browser both set to desktop mode. In Desktop mode it does auto format (unless there is a specific site override).

TIP:
For those without unlimited data I wouldn't suggest putting the browsers in desktop mode. Maybe use the dbl browser option and have one set to android and the other to desktop.

Last edited:
OP
marcelo

marcelo

Reaction score
I have DolphinHD and the Standard Browser both set to desktop mode. In Desktop mode it does auto format (unless there is a specific site override).

TIP:
For those without unlimited data I wouldn't suggest putting the browsers in desktop mode. Maybe use the dbl browser option and have one set to android and the other to desktop.

Where is the desktop mode option for the standard browser. Thanks.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Its hidden in the settings. From the browser url area type in

about:debug

then click your menu button>settings> UAstring (at the very bottom) and you can select desktop.

I got this info on the boards and the original poster is not sure how stable it is to stay in debug mode so recommended after you change your setting to type about:debug again to close the debugging

OP
marcelo

marcelo

Reaction score
Its hidden in the settings. From the browser url area type in

about:debug

then click your menu button>settings> UAstring (at the very bottom) and you can select desktop.

I got this info on the boards and the original poster is not sure how stable it is to stay in debug mode so recommended after you change your setting to type about:debug again to close the debugging

Thanks. I've been trying Dolphin HD and it's working great on the websites I frequent so far. dancedroid