Went in to buy an iPhone 4s... but walked out with a Razr.

mykl376

Reaction score
Yeah for me the Big Three trump any desire I might have for an iphone.

Larger screen.
Expandable memory.
Replaceable battery.

I don't see any of those things changing with the next iphone either.

Androidatic

Reaction score
I got the Eris at launch, then the Incredible and have had the Razr since November. If the iPhone 5 is 4" and LTE as suspected, I may give Apple a try. I think it's time for a change.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

username243

Reaction score
I had an iPhone 4 and ended up getting a Razr. I'm still trying to figure out what apps are supposedly available on the iPhone that aren't on the Razr. Even after jailbreaking my iPhone I still couldn't customize it as much as a non rooted Android. On top of that, all the good apps for a jailbroken iPhone cost money. I always thought Apple's appeal was to the younger generation who wanted to be different and do their own thing, yet they lock down the iPhone, tell them what they should like, and they go with it. I'm glad there are so many iPhone fanboys because I sold my iPhone on eBay for almost 3 times more than what the Razr cost me.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm glad there are so many iPhone fanboys because I sold my iPhone on eBay for almost 3 times more than what the Razr cost me.

One good reason for Apple's popularity and fanboys. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I've got to tell you, I'm a big Mac fan. We've got an imac, macbook pro, 2 ipod touches, but NO IPHONE. And never will. The reason? Easy. Like everyone else, when the Iphone came out, I wanted one in the worst way. But I wasn't about to ditch Verizon for at& t's sub par network especially after seeing what alot of my friends were going through. Then I spotted a tv commercial that showed the original DROID and this peaked my interest. A few days later, my wife came home from work and said their IT guy was working on her computer and they got talking about the Iphone and android. He said he'd just been to a meeting about the DROID and he was so impressed with the phone and OS, the he felt android would be the #1 operating system within 5 years. As we all know, it took only 3. And the fact that you can truly customize your DROID the exact way you want, and most have user replaceable batteries getting an android smartphone is a no brainer. I started out with the OG DROID, then the X, and now on bionic. Never any issues, problems. Very fast and reliable. Only thing I did was get the extended battery to get me through a long day. At work, we've got a couple of Iphone owners that wanted me to make their home screen like mine complete with widgets. I told them, next upgrade, go android, then we can do it.

Last edited:

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Androidatic said:
I got the Eris at launch, then the Incredible and have had the Razr since November. If the iPhone 5 is 4" and LTE as suspected, I may give Apple a try. I think it's time for a change.

I would go wp7 personally

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Androidatic said:
Nah. It's not going to be around long and dev support is abysmal.

I think it will be around. They just haven't found their nitch!!!!

ChaserChick87

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
LOL, not sure how that happened... I always wanted an iPhone because so many cool apps are available. But the folks at Verizon convinced me that the Razr is a far superior phone, and while it may not have access to as many apps, I would have access to the ones I really use. And they made me feel good about my purchase, but now that I'm home, I have a twinge of regret. But before buying I was in 2 other Verizon stores and they also tried to steer me from an iPhone, so I wonder if Verizon just would rather not sell as many iPhones. Maybe apple wants too big a cut from Verizon... just seems weird that ALL of them pushed me away from an iPhone.

The thing is, I know a lot about apple apps as we have all kinds of apple products in our home..... I'm just hoping that I can find some apps that are similar to what I'll be missing.... iMovie, Pages, and a few games I love. One thing I did notice tonight is that there doesn't seem to be a Hulu+ app for Android. That kind of makes me sad.

Oh, and this is probably covered in 100 other threads, but are there any absolutely MUST HAVE apps that you think EVERYBODY should have on their phones?

I did about that very same thing. Had my heart set on the iPhone 4S, but at the last minute, changed my mind and got the RAZR. Like you, I also had some feelings of regret. But, the more i used it and got use to it, the more i grew to like it. I now LOVE this dang thing, iv had it for about 4 months now, it will be 4 months on the 13th of May.

Cohenmark

Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to me

LOL, not sure how that happened... I always wanted an iPhone because so many cool apps are available. But the folks at Verizon convinced me that the Razr is a far superior phone, and while it may not have access to as many apps, I would have access to the ones I really use. And they made me feel good about my purchase, but now that I'm home, I have a twinge of regret. But before buying I was in 2 other Verizon stores and they also tried to steer me from an iPhone, so I wonder if Verizon just would rather not sell as many iPhones. Maybe apple wants too big a cut from Verizon... just seems weird that ALL of them pushed me away from an iPhone.

The thing is, I know a lot about apple apps as we have all kinds of apple products in our home..... I'm just hoping that I can find some apps that are similar to what I'll be missing.... iMovie, Pages, and a few games I love. One thing I did notice tonight is that there doesn't seem to be a Hulu+ app for Android. That kind of makes me sad.

Oh, and this is probably covered in 100 other threads, but are there any absolutely MUST HAVE apps that you think EVERYBODY should have on their phones?

Same exact thing happened to me! Wen't in to buy an i-phone walked out with an Android Razr Maxx. That was a $500 mistake.

I just put an end to this nearly three month nightmare. I'm breaking my contract with Verizon Wireless after something like thirteen years and I just walked out of the AT&T store with new my i-phone. I really don't know which was the bigger nightmare, trying to deal with this piece of absolute garbage called an Android Raze Maxx or having to deal with VerizonWireless, but the combination of the two was just over the top. It cost me about $275 with all the trimmingas to get the Android, and it will cost me another $330 to walk away from my contract. Then there is the better part of a months overlap between my last month with VW and my first month with AT&T, so that's another $90 to $100 down the drain. So far I'm up to about $700. At least ATT gave me $231 trade in value on the Razr Maxx (they really wanted my business, unlike Verizon Wireless) so it only cost $56 to walk out of the AT&T store. That's a total of $750 or about $500 additional dollars that VW will have ultimately have costed me.

You see, I was past 14 days when I started to notice that it was suddenly taking 10 hours to get my damn e-mails. VW tech support said that because the native software on the Droid basically sucks (pending some future update, patch or fix maybe, hopefully someday) they had me download some workaround the problem app called K9 mail which never completely really solved the problem. The second or third VW tech support technician I spoke with admitted to me that he gets about three calls a week for this same problem, but then he says he's only one of 1,500 tech guys. Do the math: they're getting 18,000 complaints about e-mail issues with the Razr every month.

Then the phone crashes all the time, so they sent me a second one which was no better and solved neither major problem. This thing crashes more than a Blackberry, and that's pretty bad. I had to reboot the damn thing five times a day. There were so many bugs and problems with this phone, like it ceased flipping the screen horizontal when you turn the phone on it's side. It worked (both the original and the replacement did) when I first got it, then it would lock in a fixed upright position. VW tech support said it was a software bug, perhaps there will be a patch someday. Then there was some green bar constantly flashing accross the top of the screen like it was downloading something, except the e-mails when they were determined not to go through, that green bar didn't ever seem to help me get my e-mails any faster or do anything for that matter. Several VW tech support people had no idea what I was talking about and seeing every day on my screen.

Then I find an article from CNNMoney dated May 3rd Verizon reps push 4G Android over iPhone - May. 3, 2012 (that's how I got the link to this blog) and says "Carriers have motives to favor some smartphones over others. Verizon and its rivals all pay much heftier up-front subsidies for the iPhone than for other devices." So the reason for switching you and I to this piece of crap was because it was in their interest not ours. VW would not let me switch to the i-phone I had come into the store in the first place to buy and take back the Android because I was past 14 days and the Motorola warrenty did not cover switching to the i-phone, so VW would not do ANYTHING for me even though I had been a loyal customer of thirteen years. They shoved the warrenty restrictions, and all their rules and regulations, and the contract I signed in my face. I told them I did not buy the phone from Motorola, I bought it from Verizon Wireless and I've otherwise been a loyal customer for thirteen years and you've never had a problem with me nor I with them. They basically told me to go jump off a cliff.

This is the short version. If I actually take the time to write out the full version if my experiences with the Android Razr Maxx and Verizon Wireless it would be three pages. I am shocked that any of you could possibly be happy with the Android Razr Maxx. After all I have written, it's not at all very user friendly and intuitive on top of all the bugs and problems. And Verizon Wireless absolutely sucks big time. ATT at least gives you 30 days to decide if you wish to keep the phone. Several tech support, supervisors and store managers at VW had told me I would not be happy with the i-phone either and it would be the same problems and issues. I've had my new i-phone for 24 hours and so far I have absolutely no complaints, problems, bugs or issues and it seems much more intuitive and user friendly.

If your still a Verizon Wireless customer I wish you lots of luck. Just don't have a problem with your new phone on day fifteen.