Well I just rooted my phone, now what?

OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
I can't find any that work with gnex/ics anyone help here? I really don't want a from strickly for teething

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
Will give it a try..

Another (probably noob) question: can I switch between ROMs with a from manager without needing to reflash everytime? I would like to try some but seems like such a tedious task to find one I might like

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Will give it a try..

Another (probably noob) question: can I switch between ROMs with a from manager without needing to reflash everytime? I would like to try some but seems like such a tedious task to find one I might like

You mean like make nandroid backups and switch between them?

OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
You mean like make nandroid backups and switch between them?

I guess I really don't know what that means exactly but I'll check out nandroid

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Will give it a try..

I am not completley understanding your question. Are you talking about reflashing Clockworkmod recovery through ROM manager? If so, no that isn't necessary you can make your recovery permanent by deleting, renaming, or moving /system/recovery-from-boot.p . Custom ROMs won't have that file.

I guess I really don't know what that means exactly but I'll check out nandroid

A nandroid is a full backup done in your clockworkmod recovery.

OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
What I mean is I want to download 2-3 ROMs and switch between them while I try to find one I like enough to keep

jchammer123

Reaction score
What I mean is I want to download 2-3 ROMs and switch between them while I try to find one I like enough to keep

I remember seeing an application awhile back on Droid life that was exactly what your talking about. You load a couple roms , make backups and then use this application to choose what backup you want to load and it rebooted your phone to the other rom. Much faster then restoring backups, but I can't remember what it's called.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Dizzzyindahizzzy

Reaction score
I remember seeing an application awhile back on Droid life that was exactly what your talking about. You load a couple roms , make backups and then use this application to choose what backup you want to load and it rebooted your phone to the other rom. Much faster then restoring backups, but I can't remember what it's called.

I believe the app you are talking about is Boot Manager. Be careful it you do decide to use it, it gave me issues in my thunderbolt. Probably user error. I just switch between nandroid backups if I want to switch roms. I have my current daily driver which is Axi0m2.4 and have a couple different roms on backup as I search for my next dd.

jchammer123

Reaction score
I believe the app you are talking about is Boot Manager. Be careful it you do decide to use it, it gave me issues in my thunderbolt. Probably user error. I just switch between nandroid backups if I want to switch roms. I have my current daily driver which is Axi0m2.4 and have a couple different roms on backup as I search for my next dd.

That sounds right. I never tried it but remember thinking that it was a cool concept.

pilot25

Reaction score
I flashed AOKP but it's in a boot loop. I pulled the battery to no avail. Anyone know what to do?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I flashed AOKP but it's in a boot loop. I pulled the battery to no avail. Anyone know what to do?

Pull the battery out..put it back in..hold down power and volume and go into recovery mode..and maybe flash the ROM again..or go back to your stock ROM..maybe???

pilot25

Reaction score
I did that but it just says downloading and START. There is no other option. How do I get into recovery mode?

pilot25

Reaction score
actually it says, "downloading... do not turn off target" Start is in green at the top with no other selection

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
actually it says, "downloading... do not turn off target" Start is in green at the top with no other selection

You're in Odin mode. You have to hold BOTH volume buttons down and power to get to fastboot. You can then select recovery using the volume buttons.