Unlocked and Rooted Phone but Drivers Did Not Install--Problem??

caspruction

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I just unlocked and rooted my Nexus using the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit, however, I got a popup saying that drivers did not install. Then, non of my apps were installed successfully. I'm new to rooting and am wondering if this is a problem and if I should put my phone back to stock and do it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused...if you were able to unlock and root, drivers would have to be installed...and your drivers on your PC would have nothing to do with your apps. Perhaps you could give a little more detail of the process and problems you are having.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
C

caspruction

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Syndicate. The only issue I've had so far was that my apps did not automatically download through google when I first turned the phone on after the root. Since I;m new to rooting, I am wondering if I may have issues in the future because of that "drivers not installed" message.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rooting shouldn't have wiped your phone. It would simply wipe your internal storage. Perhaps a stupid question but are you signed into your Google account? You didn't flash a ROM did you?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2