Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forums!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Although the chip has 64 bit capabilities, I hear that Sammy is limiting it to 32 bit.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I don't think the limitation is hardware based. The chip is AARCH64 capable. The question I have is whether or not they will unleash it once Android L goes live or wait for their 7420 (which should coincide with the Snapdragon 810 in Q12015).

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Most likely the 7420 with Android L

Nexuspoint

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
I'm tempted to upgrade from my Note 3 for the faster SOC and the sharper screen but also I'd be lying if I didn't say I was also intrigued by the Gear VR.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm tempted to upgrade from my Note 3 for the faster SOC and the sharper screen but also I'd be lying if I didn't say I was also intrigued by the Gear VR.

Really? I fail to see the draw at this point. I just don't get the VR craze. I'm sure it's pretty neat when done right, but until it doesn't require goggles, I'm not sure I'm into it.

But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't LOVE to play with the Gear VR...haha Just can't see purchasing the thing unless it's a great deal.

Nexuspoint

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
Really? I fail to see the draw at this point. I just don't get the VR craze. I'm sure it's pretty neat when done right, but until it doesn't require goggles, I'm not sure I'm into it.

But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't LOVE to play with the Gear VR...haha Just can't see purchasing the thing unless it's a great deal.
Until it doesn't require goggles? How could it not require goggles?

I don't know if I would be into VR or not as I have never tried it in any form before but I would like to try it out too.

I hear the Gear VR was not received well by the press but I just think it's a cool idea. But yeah, I guess if it doesn't work well then there's really no point to it. I don't know enough at this point though to even know if I would want it or not. Just sounds kind of cool.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I agree, I'd love to play around with it, but I feel the same way about vr as I do about 3d movies. Until they can make one where things pop off screen without having to wear glasses, I could take or leave it.

As for vr, I think a room like the kid has in Gamer if you saw that movie. I want a vr room, not goggles. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nexuspoint

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
I hear Valve has a room like that already in existence and that they also helped Oculus on the Rift... It'd be cool, but probably expensive too. lol

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I hear Valve has a room like that already in existence and that they also helped Oculus on the Rift... It'd be cool, but probably expensive too. lol
Oh yeah, nothing we could afford, but I guess I just don't see the point of strapping on goggles & sitting in an office chair so you can spin around.

Maybe it's a lot more cool than I'm giving it credit for, but Idk at this point.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Samsung's VR is supposed to cost $199. Oculus' will be $200-$400. The obvious choice to go with would be the Oculus version unless you are pitching in for the Note 4 as well.

Nexuspoint

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
I'm tempted by the Note 4 regardless of the VR or not. But the Gear VR is a potential plus in its favor IF it works well... So I'll have to wait for some reviews of the 4 and the VR before even considering either of them. I just think its a tempting proposition...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm tempted by the Note 4 regardless of the VR or not. But the Gear VR is a potential plus in its favor IF it works well... So I'll have to wait for some reviews of the 4 and the VR before even considering either of them. I just think its a tempting proposition...

I already pre-ordered my note 4. As for the vr, it'll really come down to price for me. I don't think I'd be able to justify even $50 without getting to try it myself first.

Nexuspoint

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
I already pre-ordered my note 4. As for the vr, it'll really come down to price for me. I don't think I'd be able to justify even $50 without getting to try it myself first.

I don't blame you... I would like to think it works as advertised, but I wouldn't bet $200 on it... lol.

I'll wait for reviews b4 deciding.