Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Who Wants a 24K Gold GNote4!

Galaxy-Note-4-Gold-Edition.jpg

24K Gold Edition of Samsung s Galaxy Note 4 Caught on Video Androidheadlines.com

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
eh...It's shiny, but I'm not really a fan of yellow gold. Also, I'm not ridiculously rich. I gotta wonder what people do with phones like this when they upgrade? Sell them off? Break the phone into pieces and melt down the gold? Toss them in a drawer and forget about them? That's what I wanna know.

Rocer

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I think it looks sharp. I guess you wouldn't get a case for it because that defeat the whole purpose of the gold. Suppose it's still something when you upgrade because gold is always worth something. However, I'm sure the premium you'd pay for the gold version is so high you'll never get back.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I oddly kind of like that. I don't know why.. But I'd definitely never buy it.

on the move..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I think it looks sharp. I guess you wouldn't get a case for it because that defeat the whole purpose of the gold. Suppose it's still something when you upgrade because gold is always worth something. However, I'm sure the premium you'd pay for the gold version is so high you'll never get back.
The amount of gold in that plating is counted in individual or maybe dozens of dollars of value, certainly not hundreds so you're absolutely right. You'll never get in scrap what you paid for it to have it plated. It has to be plating because solid 24 carat gold is far too soft to be used as casing for a device such as a phone. It would easily ding, dent, scratch, bend, deform.

Bling gold is so tacky.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The amount of gold in that plating is counted in individual or maybe dozens of dollars of value, certainly not hundreds so you're absolutely right. You'll never get in scrap what you paid for it to have it plated. It has to be plating because solid 24 carat gold is far too soft to be used as casing for a device such as a phone. It would easily ding, dent, scratch, bend, deform.

Bling gold is so tacky.
Wish I could like this multiple times.

Sent from my Note 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It would go with the Swarovski Gear.
7-wearables-080914.jpg

Rento

Reaction score
What the heck... Had I known this existed I would have waited for this.... Damned Note 4 is coming on Monday... *sigh* Maybe i'll just return it and buy this haha. Hmmm... Time to do some researching.

EDIT: Available in Vietnam..... That's some bull. Who the heck in Vietnam can afford that.