Weirdest thing

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
My nexus fell into the pool and stayed there for hours while I was looking for it. Filed a claim and got my new phone. As I'm ready to send the water logged phone back, I was curious and stuck a fresh battery in it and guess what? The thing booted up...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How long was it sitting to dry? For a couple hours that's pretty good that it turned on, but I'd send it back anyway since you got a new one. Because it spent so much time in water it may not turn back on again later.

OP
ftajeffrey

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
It fell in on the 24th, dug it out presumably five hours later. Got the new phone on the 26th, and today I stuck the fresh battery in it, and BAM, it booted, so 3 1/2 days of drying. I have to send it back... Pretty amazing!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Wow, that is crazy. I would be the guy who sneezed near my phone and it shorted out, permanently :blink:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Crazy. I did the same thing to a flip phone a few years back and it ended up working fine for another year. Surprising how resilient the electronics are in cell phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Crazy. I did the same thing to a flip phone a few years back and it ended up working fine for another year. Surprising how resilient the electronics are in cell phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

sbenson-how you enjoying N7?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

Well I can not speak for him but I love mine! :)

And personally I think a 7" tab is the perfect size. I had a 10" one and hardly used it because to me it was too clunky and not mobile enough for wanted I wanted.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Honestly, I'm loving it, it's great. I like the 7 inch tablet size far more than I thought I would. I definitely recommend it. Solid build and the screen is great as well.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Funny thing,lastnite Im watching Olympics,this commercial comes on.It's a little boy and his dad camping.Theye're playing with this laptop,videos,music,weather,etc.When I see this laptop,I say to my gf,that must be the new Ipad.Well,it's the N7,my mouth drops to the floor,I mean this thing(God I hope Apple doesnt read this,:D)looks just like the Ipad.Just something to make you :D at Crank.

SwagTech

Reaction score
sbenson said:
Honestly, I'm loving it, it's great. I like the 7 inch tablet size far more than I thought I would. I definitely recommend it. Solid build and the screen is great as well.

I just received mines yesterday and I love it. I agree,the 7 inch feels good in the hands ( no homo).. I'm giving away my iPad ,the first one... I'm currently in Kansas city, so I'm about to go check out the new Google Fiber. I'm using the nexus 7 as I type this. My galaxy nexus now feels small in my hands after using this for awhile lol...

big al

Reaction score
good to send it back anyways. corrosion takes time to develop