Weird thing just happened

What316

Reaction score
Hey all. I was going to pick up the phone after charging it, and I accidentally stepped on the cord while picking it up...Almost dropped it, but didnt. Anyways...The charger stayed in the phone, it turned on for a second, then went black. So I tried to turn it back on, and the screen all of sudden had tiny red pixels to the left side and then green horizontal lines started to appear...?

Battery pull did the trick, but I'm just curious as to why it did that? I'm using the charger it came with btw.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mack19318

Reaction score
More than likely just an odd glitch that you would find is very hard to replicate. My droid 3 fell about a foot to the carpet and the screen turned blue, a battery pull also fixed it and I haven't had it happen again.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Artifacts like that are normally GPU errors, but it's possible just some random occurrence considering the circumstance.

I'd keep an eye out for it happening again, then get worried =P

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
step on the cord and try to emulate the problem! nah jk:D

I wouldn't worry too much about it, just one of those "hiccups". Watch out for those cords, wouldn't want to drop the nexus or you tripping and getting hurt.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I stepped on my cord once and a picture of George Bush appeared on the phone.

I immediately exchanged it.

OP
W

What316

Reaction score
Artifacts like that are normally GPU errors, but it's possible just some random occurrence considering the circumstance.

I'd keep an eye out for it happening again, then get worried =P

Oh that's comforting! Haha :p. But yeah, hopefully it was a random one time deal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk