Checkerboard pattern glitch

bilouge

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S9
Hey everyone,

I'm in need of help. While I was traveling, I had my tablet in my bag which I believe caused some pressure.
Because of that, I have this weird checkerboard board pattern that appears whenever I turn my tablet's screen on (doesn't appear when the screen is off). I tried to upload a picture but any picture that I take seems to be too large for the forum's servers. I'll describe it instead:
It's not a perfectly square checkerboard. It's comprised of alternating black and white rectangles which forms said pattern. The rectangles are larger towards the center of the screen and thinner on either sides of it.
Also, there are red, green, and blue (rgb?) horizontal lines that traverses a couple of rectangles.
The pattern only appears on the top half of my screen.

I'd be very grateful for anyone who can give me tips on how to solve this.
Thank you.

PS: if it helps in any way, the area below the pattern is still tactile.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not sure if that can be fixed by any software means, it sounds like a screen or digitizer failure.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
B

bilouge

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S9
I'm not sure if that can be fixed by any software means, it sounds like a screen or digitizer failure.

That's unfortunate . I guess I'll have to replace whatever you were referring to. Do you know how much it should cost on average?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The screen is the glass you see and touch on the outer surface. The digitizer is directly under the screen, kind of incorporated together as one unit in many cases. That's the part that makes it a touch screen, among other things. I have no idea how.muxh a screen / digitizer assembly costs for that tablet, if you can even find one. Sometimes it's more economical to get a new device.

OP
B

bilouge

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S9
The screen is the glass you see and touch on the outer surface. The digitizer is directly under the screen, kind of incorporated together as one unit in many cases. That's the part that makes it a touch screen, among other things. I have no idea how.muxh a screen / digitizer assembly costs for that tablet, if you can even find one. Sometimes it's more economical to get a new device.

Oh lord... Thank you very much for the answer :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What is the make and model of your tablet? Have you checked for local cell repair shops in your area?