Phone doesn't act right when charging.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a known issue, but my Nexus doesn't work properly while charging. 2 things I noticed:

1) while phone is charging, if I power it down it gets stuck on the battery charging icon. I have to pull the battery to get it to reset.

2) while charging, if I click a link in Droid forums, the browser that the link opens in does not respond and I have to FC it.

Neither of these issues happen when the phone is not plugged in.

I am rooted and running Android HD, with the new radios, and the AB and power options patch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Are you using an aftermarket charger or did you buy a charger with the phone? Aftermarket (often cheap) chargers are notoriuos for messing with many different phones.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
#1 is a problem with the ROM I'm currently running Android HD also. When I was stock I wouldn't get stuck and could reboot normally. This is a known problem with the ROM.

#2: I never had a problem with the regular function of the phone while the charger is plugged in.

OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys. I figured problem 1 was with the rom. I had that problem with all chargers I've used.

With problem 2 I noticed when I had it plugged in to my PC charging at work. I haven't tested that problem with the original wall charger.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
USB Port on the computer isn't putting out enough juice? Try plugging it into a wall charger and see if it happens.

SniperDroid

Reaction score
USB Port on the computer isn't putting out enough juice? Try plugging it into a wall charger and see if it happens.

The USB port with my Original Droid was fine, but the USB port for my STOCK, UNLOCKED, ROOTED Nexus will let the phone DISCHARGE if I use it moderately while charging. Went back to the factory A/C charger.