phone will not charge or turn on

roach

Reaction score
Wife bought a nexus today, phone went dead while talking. I plugged the car charger in would not charge,brought it home pluged in usb to computer and it still woulld not charge or would not turn on while I was charging it.Where do I start checking for problem
Thank's

P.S....do I have to download drivers so computer will reconize phone, does it have to be turned on. first.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bootloader work? (hold up and down volume rocker + power).

If not.. take it back or see if you can restore the factory settings. Yes, I believe you need the drivers to do this. But you don't need them to simply charge your phone or anything like that.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try a battery pull and leave it out for 5 minutes. Then put the battery back in and place it on the charger and see if it starts up.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Try a battery pull and leave it out for 5 minutes. Then put the battery back in and place it on the charger and see if it starts up.
If not.. take it back or see if you can restore the factory settings. Yes, I believe you need the drivers to do this. But you don't need them to simply charge your phone or anything like that.
Thanks I will do both and hope it works
thanks again

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Ok,I left the battery out for 30 minutes and it's working fine now.
THANK YOU
:hail:

droidkm

Reaction score
if it happens again you can probably just leave it out for 10 seconds or so. just needs to be out long enough for all the charge to get cut which just takes a few seconds.

what you described happened to me one time and was resolved with a battery pull also. something locked up i guess. fortunately it's only ever happened to me once.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
This happened to me the other day as well. I deleted the last couple of apps that I had downloaded and no more problems! I'm thinkin a lot of these bugs are still from apps that ICS does not like.

sotocorno

Reaction score
Galaxy Nexus not working

Hi...

I bought my Galaxy Nexus three months ago, it was working just fine... today, while I was surfing the internet, my device has been switched off and I'm not able to get it ON again...

I tried a soft reset (pull battery off) and nothing happened... I tried a hard reset (pressed volume up + down rocker and power button) and nothing happened...

When I plugged the charger nothing happened... there was no 'battery charging' indicator in the screen...

I opened a ticket on Samsung (LTK5640992209X) but it didn't help either...

I bought that device in US, but I live in Brazil and the warranty (for a possible replacement) is not valid in here...

Please help me to get it working again.

Best Regards