Phone will not charge.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
last night I left my phone off the charger. I plugged it in when I got up, did about 30min worth of stuff, Nothing. Not even a charge screen. So i plug it into my computer, and It starts charging.

Defective phone? Should I exchange?

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Also, if the phone has power, it will charge while plugged in. Just not charge while completely dead.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's odd, maybe the wall plug is defective.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I Tried 3 different sockets in my house. The moment I plugged it into my computer, it started charging. from 0% (dead). but it won't do that plugged into a wall

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tried another charger? Sounds like charger is dead.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Luckily my brother has a Nexus. Yeah, the charger is Dead. So should I contact verizon to just send me a whole new GNex, do they even just send the charger?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Luckily my brother has a Nexus. Yeah, the charger is Dead. So should I contact verizon to just send me a whole new GNex, do they even just send the charger?
Take charger in to a Verizon store to have them swap it out. Bring receipt if you have it. You bought it from Verizon store yeah?

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Take charger in to a Verizon store to have them swap it out. Bring receipt if you have it. You bought it from Verizon store yeah?

I don't live next to a verizon. It's about 45min away. plus about 20 bucks in gas to get there. I Tried to contact verizon but they need to verify the account holder (Which sucks. it's just a damn charger).

is there anyway I can do this via the account online? And yes. I did, I purchased it at a corporate store. Still have the receipt.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I don't live next to a verizon. It's about 45min away. plus about 20 bucks in gas to get there. I Tried to contact verizon but they need to verify the account holder (Which sucks. it's just a damn charger).

is there anyway I can do this via the account online? And yes. I did, I purchased it at a corporate store. Still have the receipt.

I would do it over the phone. If you can get all the proper acct info that is. You might be able to do it online.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm assuming you had a charger before you got the Nexus? If so, then just use that one, will work just the same.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Luckily the account owner will be home soon. Should I get them to send me a new phone? or just the charger. The guy I talked with said he didn't know if I'd get a Samsung Charger or one of their Eco bullcrap ones.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Luckily the account owner will be home soon. Should I get them to send me a new phone? or just the charger. The guy I talked with said he didn't know if I'd get a Samsung Charger or one of their Eco bullcrap ones.

I'd just ask for a replacement charger if there isn't anything wrong with the phone itself.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Nah. I had a DINC2, before I got my Nexus, and sold it. I don't have a mini usb charger at all.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Well, that was a HUGE waste of time. The tech support said they could not get me the original charger that came with the phone. They could only send me out an "Eco Friendly" POS charger, that they carry online. that has like 1 and a half out of 5 stars. Seriously, 3 day old phone. They wouldn't even send me out a replacement.

So I guess I'm doomed to take it back to the store. even after I just loaded all these apps on it. Seriously lame.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Amazon.com: Samsung OEM 1.0A Travel USB Wall Charger with Detachable Micro USB Data/Charge Cable - Bulk Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessoriesnyone know if this will work?