Weird noises coming from my OG Droid

baune

Reaction score
Recently (about the last two weeks) i've been getting weird sounds coming from my Droid speaker, and noticed my battery life dropped quite a bit. Here's what i'm getting.

After I get a text, I get a faint static sound from the speaker for about 3-4 seconds. It also seems like whenever the screen is on and I put the speaker up to my ear I can hear a faint, high pitched sound coming from it. Whenever I hit the power button to turn the screen off, or unlock the screen, it makes that static noise for a few seconds. When I go into the sound settings to select a notification ringtone, it's all garbled and sounds like a record player slowed way down.

I have an original droid running the charity rom and the stock kernel it came with. I've been using this for a long time with no problems until recently. Anyone experience this or know about it? Thanks

sjackson007

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing except often it will not turn off and I'm forced to restart. Battery is also a problem. Pretty bad actually, my wife's thunderbolt is better, if that tells u anything. I'm running project elite gb. Maybe someone will have some insite as to why.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums