Weird Eris Problem

addisontodd

Reaction score
So.. Everyone know that little icon next to the location icon in the notification bar that indicates something is syncing? (fb contacts, gmail, etc) Well I can't seem to get it to go away. Like, at all. I installed an app a day or so before that monitors web activity; thinking that was it I uninstalled it, but it hasn't gone away. I've rebooted my phone several times, and shut EVERY running app I don't need down with OS Monitor, all to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So.. Everyone know that little icon next to the location icon in the notification bar that indicates something is syncing? (fb contacts, gmail, etc) Well I can't seem to get it to go away. Like, at all. I installed an app a day or so before that monitors web activity; thinking that was it I uninstalled it, but it hasn't gone away. I've rebooted my phone several times, and shut EVERY running app I don't need down with OS Monitor, all to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem?

No but it sounds like you have an application, maybe a weather app or something? set to sync to often. For instance, if you had an app set to sync every 30 seconds, it might take it 30 seconds to sync each time, so you are in essence syncing that app all the time.

Try this:

Settings>>Accounts & Sync>>Background data

Uncheck that, see if it stops the behavior.

OP
addisontodd

addisontodd

Reaction score
Actually, it was Google. I went in the Accounts & Sync and Google kept syncing, then stopping for a second or two, then syncing again after having said that syncing has failed, or something of that nature. So I unchecked Google for syncing and I'm going to leave it off for awhile and see if it happens again.