Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
So I bought an Extended Life Battery for my Eris. Put in in my phone and now the led light keeps switching between amber and green, even when charging. On the Notification Bar my battery icon shows up gray and has an exclamation point on it. I've searched and searched and can't find anything on this except someone saying that it means the battery is overheating. The battery is cold to the touch, its not hot, its not even warm. Can anyone help with this ???

OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Ok so I got a widget and it says battery temp is 83.2 f is that bad or ok ? it started at like 93 f but has went down over time. Just gonna have to send it back, it wont even charge. Had it plugged in for 8 hours and the battery level went down to 10%.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I usually use c° because of the simplicity of the measurements. Mine is consistant between 27-32.

8pened!

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
82-93F is the same as 27-32C. I would be more apt to believe your USB plug on the phone is wearing out, or your USB cable is starting to break at the mini plug end. The cable on my wifes phone has started to break loose at the plug, and will only work if the phone is laid flat, and the plug is wiggled just right.
Heres her plug:
dscf1007h.jpg

OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Its not the plug or the port, charges the factory battery just fine. Its OK though, after an email to the company dealdady.com they are taking the battery back for a full refund.