Phone auto power off

theshid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Acer Liquid Z530
Twitter
TheShid
My phone (Acer Liquid Z530) was working perfectly when suddently it displayed a notification saying that the battery was getting hot while in reality the battery temperature was normal (cold even), at a point it went off and since then I was not able to turn on the phone. When I charge it, it first diplays an icon of the battery overheating (pic). Has someone got this issue and if so how do I fix it?

Attachments

• IMG-20170715-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20170715-WA0003.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 192

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
try going into recovery mode and delete system cache. it may or may not help but it seems it does fix a lot of issues. hopefully this one too.
  • Power off your device.
  • Boot in recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power Button at the same time.
  • Release all buttons when the Acer Liquid Z530 screen flickers and in a few seconds the Recovery screen will appear. once there, it should be self explanatory

muskrat54

Reaction score
Mine runs slow, reboots when it wants, freezes etc.. won't boot in recovery mode!?? Not an Acer but android

Sent from my ASUS MeMO Pad 7 using Tapatalk

Ankit_saiyan

Reaction score
Try updating your firmware or flash a custom ROm if problem persists then it might be a hardware fault

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try updating your firmware or flash a custom ROm if problem persists then it might be a hardware fault

Agree with updating firmware but disagree with flashing a ROM. If it is hardware you don't need anymore excuses to keep them from honoring the warranty.

Your issue seems similar to what is happening with the Nexus 6p. Having the manufacturer replace the battery solved that issue for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
normally, the firmware should auto update but as far as changing the rom, that is not something a person should take lightly. could make things worse especially if the phone cannot even get into recovery mode.

Ankit_saiyan

Reaction score
Agree with updating firmware but disagree with flashing a ROM. If it is hardware you don't need anymore excuses to keep them from honoring the warranty.

Your issue seems similar to what is happening with the Nexus 6p. Having the manufacturer replace the battery solved that issue for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Btw i dont think installing custom ROMs will void the warranty. And yeah if the phone's under warranty then it'll be wise to hand it over to service center instead of flashing custom firmwares

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Btw i dont think installing custom ROMs will void the warranty. And yeah if the phone's under warranty then it'll be wise to hand it over to service center instead of flashing custom firmwares

I'm pretty sure that it does void the original manufacturers warranty.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ankit_saiyan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that it does void the original manufacturers warranty.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I meant if we revert back to stock from custom? Will it still be voided? I dont think so I've been to service center many times and was still able to claim the warranty.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, the warranty will be void. It's been years now that it has been impossible to hide that the phone is has been altered even after reverting back to stock.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To be fair it depends on the manufacturer. There are some manufacturers that will honor your warranty despite flashing a rom. I believe at one time Sony was one of the manufacturers that may have been ok with it for some of their phones but I honestly would not test the waters.

Personally, like most, I do not think a manufacturer should make a bid deal about it but to be fair since they heavily cracked down on it, I am thinking they cut down on some of the warranty issues as a result of someone soft bricking their phones.

I remember on here the panicked people who would soft brick their phones and would look for us to help them come up with excuses to help get an exchange (vs trying to fix it). I am not talking so much about bricks from locked bootloaders I am referring to back during the droid days where the phone was wide open.

With Google and other phone manufacturers coming up with a better UI experience than what you can get with ROMs (minus the hassle of stuff not working and having to constantly flash a new ROM), there are few reasons to rom except if you have a phone where the manufacturer is no longer supporting the device.

Anyway I am getting off track. But as a rule of thumb we always recommend if you are having a potential hardware issue you want to stay stock or get back to stock. It keeps the manufacturer from blaming the software for the issue, despite it clearly being a hardware issue.

Ankit_saiyan

Reaction score
To be fair it depends on the manufacturer. There are some manufacturers that will honor your warranty despite flashing a rom. I believe at one time Sony was one of the manufacturers that may have been ok with it for some of their phones but I honestly would not test the waters.

Personally, like most, I do not think a manufacturer should make a bid deal about it but to be fair since they heavily cracked down on it, I am thinking they cut down on some of the warranty issues as a result of someone soft bricking their phones.

I remember on here the panicked people who would soft brick their phones and would look for us to help them come up with excuses to help get an exchange (vs trying to fix it). I am not talking so much about bricks from locked bootloaders I am referring to back during the droid days where the phone was wide open.

With Google and other phone manufacturers coming up with a better UI experience than what you can get with ROMs (minus the hassle of stuff not working and having to constantly flash a new ROM), there are few reasons to rom except if you have a phone where the manufacturer is no longer supporting the device.

Anyway I am getting off track. But as a rule of thumb we always recommend if you are having a potential hardware issue you want to stay stock or get back to stock. It keeps the manufacturer from blaming the software for the issue, despite it clearly being a hardware issue.
True that. Otherwise they will blame it's because of custom ROM u have flashed.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
yea, you are always at the mercy of the manufacturer when you root and flash. depends on their mood. in addition, I am speaking about the rules in the US. I think the EU requires the manufacturer to honor their warranty no matter if it is stock or flash.