Webtop Bionic no sound from hdmi

DVR6

Reaction score
Anyone having problems getting sound from webtop over the hdmi cable to a home theater reciever/tv? I have the webtop adapter and a motorola cable. I get a picture but no sound plugged into one of my onkyo recievers hdmi ports. Everything else that I've tried on the onkyo has worked. Just nothing from the Bionic???

Kurupt

Reaction score
Same here, no sound through HDMI to my tv. It's really pissing me off. The only thing I have found is that some Bionics were shipped with a bad port and you need to warrenty exhange your phone. I am still holding on for hope as it seems it has taken me 3 weeks to finally get my phone the way I want it. I don't think there is a single bionic that works correct right out of the box.

OP
D

DVR6

Reaction score
Yeh im pretty irritated too. One of the "features" of this phone is supposed to be the webtop interface. Doesn't even work properly. Not to mention data issues, lockups, etc. Webtop locks up sometimes as well and can get laggy. Oh well if its not something Im doing wrong I guess Ill take back the cable and webtop adapter. Really wish it worked properly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I know I've read somewhere that certain HDMI cables won't work; I tried to find the article to link to it, but I haven't been able to yet. I'll keep looking and post it when I find it. Anyway, I read that some cables won't work with the Bionic; there were a few people having problems with getting audio to pipe through even though the cables seemed to work with other devices. Once they switched the cable out, they were fine. Most of the cables were bought from discount internet sites, so I'm not sure but maybe that's where you got yours? I bought a cable from Amazon and am using it with my HD dock and everything works perfectly. Try to see if it works with another cable before you do anything drastic with your phone... I did a factory reset on mine about 5 weeks after I got it 'cause I was having all these issues with it. I was told it was probably an app I had installed, but I had installed so many and didn't know which one it was, so instead of deleting everything one by one (like I should have), I went the lazy route and factory reset everything. It was a pain redoing all my settings and apps and stuff and I eventually found the app that was causing me grief. Ironically, I looked at that app and questioned whether or not it was the one, but I guess I was really hoping it wasn't 'cause I liked it so much.

OP
D

DVR6

Reaction score
The cable is the Motorola HDMI that is for the Bionic and I'm using it with the Motorola Webtop adapter. No aftermarket stuff.

OP
D

DVR6

Reaction score
Had some more time to figure this out and found a work around to get the audio working. Found out the hdmi out worked to my tv but not to the onkyo av receiver. So I connected the bionic to hdmi #2 on the tv which gave me video and then set the tv hdmi #2 to send optical audio to my receiver. Works great. Rhapsody, netflix, etc. Im happy now. Bionic is now back to a keeper status for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Tell me about it folks im on my third bionic....same issues...i believe that there is no bionic that works properly..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Tell me about it folks im on my third bionic....same issues...i believe that there is no bionic that works properly..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I wouldn't go so far as to say no Bionic is working properly... Mine has been working just fine; I bought it at launch. And I know there's a bunch of us just here in the forum who'd say the same thing..

patomckinney

Reaction score
I recently bought DROID Bionic. I went to mirror the phone onto tv. No sound. I tried two different cables and still nothing. I made sure the tv sound was turned up as well as the phone volume. I also plugged my laptop into tv which has hdmi out and had sound. VERIZON SENT ME another phone and that solved problem. When i got new phone the screw next to the hdmi port was not screwed in properly hindering my case from closing properly. Took to store and they fixed it. What a load of crap!!!