webtop/HDMI and NFL Mobile...anyone using this successfully?

unboostedzc

Reaction score
figured since i can watch the games or redzone live on my phone id try hooking up and using webtop/hdmi mirror to my tv

running blurr3d 1.7, plugging in the HDMI cable works fine and i can select webtop/gallery/hdmi mirror etc.

when trying to view live games on NFL Mobile though, it says error playing stream every time. if i pull the HDMI cable and don't move, it will come right up with the live game.

figured it was a block/check in the NFL Mobile app so we couldn't mirror, but has anyone else gotten this to work to stream the game live to your tv?

txrover

Reaction score
That's listed as intentional for DRM purposes in the list of bug fixes coming next month for Bionic.

DelawareHunter

Reaction score
There is an app called xternal display that you can get off of the market that will mirror your display through the HDMI. The picture on the TV is terrible, in my opinion, but it's at least slightly veiwable. I am using it as we speak on a 55" HD TV.

helron

Reaction score
Hbo Go and HDMI Rasr=NO bionic=Yes.

Here's the latest:

I live in FL, and am visiting my kids in NY. They have a Droid Bionic -I have a Droid Razr. Here's the BAD news! .

Watching and connect to Comcast HBO Go on Verizon device (Razr and Bionic) , great!
Connecting Comcast HBO Go via Razr to NY Samsung TV. Sucks! Error says: disconnect the cable input and retry. But, doesn't work.
Comcast HBO Go (comcast or VZ provided) Bionic to NY Samsung TC. Great!!!!!!!!!!! Works fine.
Droid Bionic wins the battle of viewing HBO go on TV's -no matter what cable company provides HBO.

Conclusion: there is something on the new Droid Razr preventing mirroring. What is it???????

So, now that I've paid lotsa bucks for the phone and the usb HDMI cable, and they both wont' work.
Yes, i can see "desktop of Razr' on the TC screen, but I can't want HBO video as I can using my son's Droid B.

TheDriver916

Reaction score
Yeah im having the same issue and i cant figure it out. youtube videos stream and almost look hd. videos off of my internal hard drive work but nothing off of the NFL Mobile app. Im soo frustrated with this whole situation. I had to go to 4 different verizon stores to try and have them get my NFL Mobile app to work, and now it wont play on my HDTV. It's almost like false advertising. Half of the reason i bought this phone over the HTC Thunderbolt was because I got NFL mobile for the remainder of the season. Now I've gotten to see two weeks, and none via HDMI to my HDTV. should I waste more time complaining to Verizon about this?

helron

Reaction score
Droid Raze HMDI for HBO Go IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!

Yeah im having the same issue and i cant figure it out. youtube videos stream and almost look hd. videos off of my internal hard drive work but nothing off of the NFL Mobile app. Im soo frustrated with this whole situation. I had to go to 4 different Verizon stores to try and have them get my NFL Mobile app to work, and now it wont play on my HDTV. It's almost like false advertising. Half of the reason i bought this phone over the HTC Thunderbolt was because I got NFL mobile for the remainder of the season. Now I've gotten to see two weeks, and none via HDMI to my HDTV. should I waste more time complaining to Verizon about this?

I feel your pain and still can't get a connection. Folks at VZ show sympathy but no solution. Next trip I will ask for some sort of compensation, and escalate issue. This is NUTS!! :mad: I got this phone so that I can watch my premium channels (HBO, etc.) while I am on the road! Watching a movie in the palm of my hand was not an option in the phone's credits!

droid81

Reaction score
I feel your pain and still can't get a connection. Folks at VZ show sympathy but no solution. Next trip I will ask for some sort of compensation, and escalate issue. This is NUTS!! :mad: I got this phone so that I can watch my premium channels (HBO, etc.) while I am on the road! Watching a movie in the palm of my hand was not an option in the phone's credits!

there is an app on the market called xternal display. click on the app first and then nfl mobile and it will work. click on the xternal app first the nfl mobile watch live it will give an error message. exit the xternal display app, enter nfl mobile watch live and it will work.

helron

Reaction score
Any news as to how to watch HBO GO using HMDI cable from Droid Razr? Still no luck! big bucks down the drain, and Moto just released 2 new Droids in a n=matter of weeks. makes me want to go over to Iphone!!!!!