Weatherbug Widget not showing picture of weather

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
I have been using the Weatherbug app and widget since I got my phone in November. Just recently I have noticed that the widget is not longer displaying the picture of the weather. The temperature and location and that stuff is still showing and working, but the picture isn't showing up.

I have tried clearing the app cache and data as well as reinstalling it and nothing seems to work. Anyone have this problem or any ideas on how to fix it?

ValkF6

Reaction score
At the bottom of the configure menu for WB, there's a "hide weather icon" item that if checked, does not display the weather icon. Uncheck that box.

OP
Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not seeing that setting. Clicking the setting button on the widget brings up location and colter settings. The settings in the app itself are for update frequency, notifications, unit type, etc.

Which settings area is it under?

drowe

Reaction score
At the bottom of the configure menu for WB, there's a "hide weather icon" item that if checked, does not display the weather icon. Uncheck that box.

I believe that is Beautiful Home. To allow using the live wallpapers without having two suns.

ValkF6

Reaction score
Which settings area is it under?

The next-to-last entry in the "configure" menu is "Hide Weather Icon." Make sure that is not checked.

drowe

Reaction score
There isn't a "configure" menu in WeatherBug. There also isn't any way to toggle the picture in WeatherBug. I'd suggest uninstalling and re-installing. That seems to fix a lot of issues.

ValkF6

Reaction score
There isn't a "configure" menu in WeatherBug. There also isn't any way to toggle the picture in WeatherBug. I'd suggest uninstalling and re-installing. That seems to fix a lot of issues.

I have the paid version and it indeed has a configure menu and a way to toggle the weather picture.

OP
Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
When I click on the little gear on the widget I get to the Configure Widget screen, but like I said before, there are two tabs, Location and Color. Location only allows you to set which location the widget is using and Color allows you to set the background color and text color and if you want to display a widget background. That is all the options I have.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, still not fixed. I am going to try uninstalling then looking on my SD card for WeatherBug stuff and erasing that too then reinstalling. I'll repost with results.

OP
Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
Still no success. There was a weird issue when I installed and restarted it showed up again so I installed again and I thought that would fix it but no dice.

I got a support reply from WeatherBug that suggested I try reinstalling and sent me links to some apks but they didn't work either.

I'm starting to wonder is it's an issue with BB0.4.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

drowe

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder is it's an issue with BB0.4.

It isn't an issue with BB, it is an issue with "compatibility mode". I had BB .4 on for a while and noticed the full screen didn't draw right. I had unchecked the compatibility checkbox in the settings. Once I checked it back, the full screen looked right again. This may be the same issue, I didn't run the widget. I can't remember where the compatibility mode checkbox is, but it is in BB .4 and the Simply Stunning I'm running now.

David

OP
Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
That seemed to be the problem! Except mine was already checked.

In Spare Parts I unchecked compatibility mode, then installed WeatherBug. The widget displayed properly so i rechecked contact mode and it seems to be working fine.

I wonder how that got messed up.

Sent from my Droid

OP
Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
This issue keeps coming back. Had anyone else run into this? I thought is was fixed but it is back and I can't seem to get it right again.

I may just try a fresh install of the OS.

Sent from my Droid

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
I've been using WeatherBug since I got my droid in april. The widget performed flawlessly even after the most recent weather bug update. Then, this started happening to me when I got the FRG01B update from verizon... I too wrote in to support and they suggested that I uninstall and re-install. It started working again for a bout a week. Last night it started doing it again... shows location, and temp, no picture. I assume that this "compatibility" setting other posts have talked about is part of BB0.4, because I don't see such a setting either in WeatherBug or in any of my general settings. I reinstalled again even after wiping the app's cache and data. No luck. I wonder if it's something more fundamental with 2.2.

OP
Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
The best thing I have found to get it working again is uninstall, uncheck the box, reinstall check the box. Or some combination of that. Sometimes it works right away, other times it take a while.

Either way it never seems to stay fixed.

Sent from my Droid

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
that's interesting because when I did the first uninstall/reinstall (the one that worked for 5 days) it did not work right away either and I didn't know about the compatibility switch. At the risk of sounding stupid, where exactly is the compatibility switch... I cannot find it in my droid's general settings.