Weather Widgets Donate vs. Beautiful Widgets

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
I tried both and I didn't like Beautiful Widgets after the developer had to reskin it.. personally. If it were more customizable, I probably wouldn't have moved over to Weather Widgets - Donate.

This one not only looks great, but it works great too.

whoster69

Reaction score
Oh that stinks, I take it that I am one of the few that doesn't know why lol.
HTC claimed that Beautiful Widgets was infringing on intellectual property. So they first made the developer change the look entirely.
It was changed within a day and then HTC stepped back in and said they were having Beautiful Widgets taken off the Market to do an evaluation of it.

No one really knows what's going on. My guess is Beautiful is gone for good.

And they had it taken off the market right before Christmas while they were on vacation and haven't gotten around to evaluating it yet. Personally, I think the developer could recover damages from HTC for this lose of income.

I doubt it is gone for good. HTC is on very thin ice here. They can't force all weather/clock apps off the market. Once they've looked at his code and see that he wrote it from the ground up himself, they will probably back off. If they don't I hope the developer will get a good attorney and go after them. I hope he won't let HTC just bully him.

gav26

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking to download a weather widget for my phone that is animated any help would be great thanks

funken

Reaction score
So, how do you change the location of weather widget's weather after you install it for one location?

Aquaman791

Reaction score
i had the weather channel widget but i just got the Weather Widget because it looks so much nicer one my main homescreen. i do have one small problem with it, however... with the weather widget, you could click on it and it would bring up a display that could show the present weather, hourly weather for the next 14 or so hours, the upcoming 36 hour weather and the weather for the whole week. i really liked how they broke it down and you can choose how much into the future you wanted to look. on weather widget, you click on it and it just shows weather for the next four days. i really would like it broken down by the hour for the present day, does beautiful widgets do this? thanks a lot in advance

pmas

Reaction score
i had the weather channel widget but i just got the Weather Widget because it looks so much nicer one my main homescreen. i do have one small problem with it, however... with the weather widget, you could click on it and it would bring up a display that could show the present weather, hourly weather for the next 14 or so hours, the upcoming 36 hour weather and the weather for the whole week. i really liked how they broke it down and you can choose how much into the future you wanted to look. on weather widget, you click on it and it just shows weather for the next four days. i really would like it broken down by the hour for the present day, does beautiful widgets do this? thanks a lot in advance

No it unfortunately does not. But I have BW strictly for the looks of the widget. I use weatherbug elite for weather. I have the widget running on one of my screens and it gives you tons of detail about your weather including hourly. I have heard it can eat battery so I have it set to a single location (not using gps) and have it updating on an hourly basis. I find this does not use the battery.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
It's available..
Only if you have it already installed.... it'll show up in your download list. If you do a search you won't find Beautiful Widgets :(

I searched for it just now, and it is showing up in the market.

I still like Weather Widgets - Donate since you have the ability to change skins.

-Mike

Beautiful Widgets will release their skinnable version in just a few days.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ficial-beautiful-widgets-skinning-thread.html